ATI x1650 qe/ci

haxzion

19 posts in this topic

Hello everybody..i have a problem with my ATI x1650 saphire (0x71C7)

I tried all the methods to make my ati work with qe/ci

after some kext editing+hex i did it..i can see qe/ci supported

but the thing is that now i cant see or preview any of my screensavers..

I already edited Atinject still no openGL..Anybody could help?

Hello everybody..i have a problem with my ATI x1650 saphire (0x71C7)

I tried all the methods to make my ati work with qe/ci

after some kext editing+hex i did it..i can see qe/ci supported

but the thing is that now i cant see or preview any of my screensavers..

I already edited Atinject still no openGL..Anybody could help?

I'm having the same problem as you. I have a Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro 256 MB PCIe, with the same identifier as you (0x71c7) and I can't preview any of the screensavers. Also coverflow view doesn't work, and can't watch videos (I can hear audio, but see a white screen). I have QE/CI enabled, as well as Quartz GL. I hope someone can help us solve this issue.

Ok i think i have a little update...

I tried the original ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver and the hexed one..Same result with both of them

I tried to delete it and i lost QE support but i could preview my screensavers..

So i think it has to be that file..i don't know..Atinject and Natit didn't really help me to fix anything...

I am looking forward for a solution.. ;):)

Ok i think i have a little update...

I tried the original ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver and the hexed one..Same result with both of them

I tried to delete it and i lost QE support but i could preview my screensavers..

So i think it has to be that file..i don't know..Atinject and Natit didn't really help me to fix anything...

I am looking forward for a solution.. :):wallbash:

I don't know but, in my case, if I disable QE/CI, everything works (screensavers, video, coverflow), although the screensaver's framerate is not that good (must be because there is no acceleration supported, no QE/CI). If I enable QE/CI, all of the above (screensavers, video, coverflow) don't work. Its really weird.

Yes. Forgot to mention that.

By the way great deceiver, I see you have a Sapphire X1650 Pro like me, I was wondering, have you experienced any issue with Quartz Extreme enabled, like me? If you read the above posts, you must know of what I'm talking about. What do you think can be done to solve the issues? Thanks.

I'm not sure whether this works for Leopard or not (I don't even know if you are using Tiger or Leopard), but this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=52826

Got my ATI Technologies X1650 Pro 512MB DDR2 working with that on Tiger.

If you are referring to me, then yes, I have Leo. I used that method to enable QE/CI, and it worked flawlessly (activating it), however, I get the problems mentioned on my earlier posts.

Yes. Forgot to mention that.

By the way great deceiver, I see you have a Sapphire X1650 Pro like me, I was wondering, have you experienced any issue with Quartz Extreme enabled, like me? If you read the above posts, you must know of what I'm talking about. What do you think can be done to solve the issues? Thanks.

I should change my signature. I actually took off OSX recently because without dual monitor capability I cannot use it. It's just silly to have an empty monitor staring at you. I remember that everything was working great, but I never tried to play with screensaver. I can't tell you unless I put the image back on. I think I have it still on my external notebook drive. will boot from that tonight to play with it and report.

I should change my signature. I actually took off OSX recently because without dual monitor capability I cannot use it. It's just silly to have an empty monitor staring at you. I remember that everything was working great, but I never tried to play with screensaver. I can't tell you unless I put the image back on. I think I have it still on my external notebook drive. will boot from that tonight to play with it and report.

Alright, keep us informed. Thanks.

Hey everyone,

I have some good news, I finally managed to solve the problem! I now have QE/CI/QGL enabled and everything works (including screensaver, coverflow, and videos). What I did was, I extracted Modbin's Package Drivers (for 71c6 indentifier), and edited every kext, replacing 71c6 with my device ID (71c7). I then replaced the files on the extensions folder with the edited ones, ran the Extensions Repair program, restarted, and bingo, everything works.

It seems to me there was a problem with the identifier, and that was causing errors when watching video, in coverflow and with the screensavers. So, after all the hard work, I got to say that everything is working perfectly.

If you have any question, let me know.

That's weird chico_stang, because changing the device ID of modbin's package is exactly what kozlowski's edited kexts do :) Maybe kozlowski's kexts weren't installed properly on your system.

• 2 weeks later...