What's a good 11n card to use in a Hackintosh?

Bob Generic

4 posts in this topic

So, I've been reading up on the forums a little bit, but haven't found a definitive answer, yet

My hackintosh is basically the Lifehacker setup, P5WDH with an E6750 and 2GB RAM.

As of right now, I'm using the onboard WiFi, but I'm thinking about upgrading to 11n. I'm constantly moving large files around the network, and I'd like to cut the transfer times in half, or lower them even further.

Hence my question: What's a good 11n card/dongle to use in a Hackintosh?

On a related note, I'm currently looking at the Trendnet 633 router as a replacement for my aging Dlink workhorse. I was considering the Airport Extreme basestation, but the 633 trumps it in almost every aspect...

Some further study seems to indicate the D-link DWA 547, 552 and 556 seem to be working with the Kalyway installation. The 552 doesn't seem to be available around here, and the 547 and 556 don't seem to have too big a price difference. Since the 556 is apparently recognized as an Apple Airport card, I'll probably go that route.

I will try to update this post when I scrounge up the money for the upgrade.

What chipsets do they use? That's more important than a model number because the manufacturers, including D-Link, have been known to sell the same product with the same model number with different chips inside.