NVIDIA nForce 750i built-in Gigabit MAC

kenkenc

4 posts in this topic

Hi guy's, got Kalyaway 10.5.2 working on my system

Core2 Duo Q6600

ASUS P5N-D 750I SLI LGA775 ATX DDR2 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI 1394A GBLAN Motherboard

EVGA Geforce 9600 GT

4x1 GB Crucial 800 DDR2 RAM

500GB WD SATA2

My current problem is my network card, besides the video card has no drivers I just run by setting the graphics mode. Anyways the Lan card is detected,

"NVIDIA nForce® 750i SLI built-in Gigabit MAC with external PHY"

In OSX installed I selected the nforce driver, so when I'm in OSX it automatically goes to "Auto DHCP" and gets a random IP (not my router ip) anyways when I go to manual and input the ip my self I can get a green light on Eithernet, network but ISP and Internet and Server always fails. Anyone have any ideas

Thanks in advance ^_^

I have the exact same motherboard and the exact same problem. The forcedeth-v driver doesnt seem to work for it. Im just as stuck as you are.

During the boot in verbose mode, the forcedeth driver mentions that this nvidia lan device is not known to work, but it will attempt to load anyways. So i dont think the forcedeth driver has the device ID support for this LAN

Did not use Vanilla, just booted strait from what Kalyway set up, NVNETBUS Id: 00140000-000Yeah, weird how it detects, also when I try to manually input ip adress it disconects all other computers from my router so I know it has connection with the router but yet I can access the router to even modify things on the router\NVNET_DEV0269\NVNET_DEV0269\4&10B48CE1&0&00