Zephyroth's AMD Software Update in Public Testing

57 posts in this topic

has anyone tried Zeph's AMD Software Update with 10.5.3 update? I've searched everywhere to find out what the results were, did it work? i tried to install the security update using his update, and it made my install restart all the time, my guess is the kernel probably got updated too to 9.2.2 which caused my restarting all the time... since I have an AMD that is....

anybody?

I just used the 0.5 version to update to 10.5.3. Then I installed the 9.3 kernel.pkg and restarted. This is the first time that i was able to successfully update my AMD computer with out reinstalling.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a kalyway 10.5.2 and I used ASU (0.5) to upgrade it to 10.5.4. I ran the update combo package manually and was able to upgrade it. I had issues with graphics (8600 GT - nvidia). I used the nvisntaller.v.52.pkg. I had save my video kext earlier and after installing the package copied it back to the system/library/extensions to get hardware accelerated graphics.

NVDAResman.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV10Hal.kext

Hardware - AMD 2.6 GHz, 2GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 8600 GT, 320 GB SATA (Hitachi)

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0402

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

BenQ FP92Wa:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Works like a charm - The ASU is a life saver

How are you running the combo update manually? I watch the download proceed then the file gets moved to a "temporary" area or so it says. From there, the extraction process starts and then promptly locks up. I'm thinking that my machine may update successfully if I perform the steps manually.

Let me know on this when you have a moment. Thank you!

I'm having the same issue as Joege... 10.5.2 Zephyroth installed and once the pkg is downloaded, the updater says "Moving packages to temporary folder" and never moves an inch past that.

Any instructions on manual install or other suggestions would be great.

Getting this now when I try to run the updater version 0.5. Any ideas?

AppleScript Error

sh: line 2: 1.0*Convert: syntax error: invalid

arithmetic operator (error token is *.0*Convert")

(127)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Getting this now when I try to run the updater version 0.5. Any ideas?

AppleScript Error

sh: line 2: 1.0*Convert: syntax error: invalid

arithmetic operator (error token is *.0*Convert")

(127)

I got the same error message with the same version of the updater. I am running Mac OS X 10.5.4 .

• 3 months later...
Source (For download link please visit the original page)

This (especially once finalized) is huge for AMD users, as patching CPUIDs with updates and not applying updates because of new kernels and system.kext's is a huge pain. As stated by Zephyroth, anyone interested should be wary of using this on their primary partition, as it is a beta.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This (especially once finalized) is huge for AMD users, as patching CPUIDs with updates and not applying updates because of new kernels and system.kext's is a huge pain. As stated by Zephyroth, anyone interested should be wary of using this on their primary partition, as it is a beta.

• 1 month later...