DRIVER ATI MOBILITY HD 2600

Mino

5 posts in this topic

I have the same graphics card in my laptop, an Asus X53Sa and comes with a ATI Mobility HD 2600.

As this is the only computer I own that should be capable of running OSx86 I also would like to know, if this card is already supported or will be soon.

Thanks and greetings :(

Althena77

You will have to wait. Long.

It will only work CI/QE, full resolution with an external CRT monitor, using new ATI Natit and 10.5.2 graphics update.

Thank you very much for the reply, even though the answer doesn't make me feel very happy :(

I would like to know, why do you think that people with an ATI Mobility HD 2600 not only have to wait but even have to wait long? Is there simply no one interested in adding support for that graphics card or is there another problem?

By the way, there is also no official support for Windows XP anymore for the Mobility version of this card and normally you would be stuck with Windows Vista, however the desktop version still comes with XP drivers. But with a so called "Mobility Modder" from DriverHeaven it is possible to change the drivers for the desktop cards into drivers for the mobility cards and this way I could create XP drivers for my Asus X53Sa myself.

So I guess that the drivers for the desktop cards and mobility cards are not that much different and as far as I know the normal ATI HD 2600 is already supported by OSx86, right? So wouldn't it be possible to just modify them that they work also with the mobility cards? Maybe someone could check the Mobility Modder, maybe people here could see what excatelyit modifys and learn how to make OSx86 this way more compatible with the mobility cards too?

Thanks again and greetings!