LOGIC 8 BENCHMARK

seppa

133 posts in this topic

when i did the test i overclocked the cpu to 4.6Ghz bus speed 225mhz rated FSB was over 4ghz and my ram was over 1000mhz running 2 hdds from a rocketraid in raid 0 activity monitor i think was more then half all 8 cores.

before my core i7 i had a Skulltrail dual QX9775 even if the core i7 is a quad core it will beat a QX9775 or X9770 running at 5ghz when the i7 is only at 3ghz and where it helps for the core i7 is the triple channel memory.

19 tracks stable, 20 traks unstable.

Using my DAW in signature.... How many RAM needs your CORE AUDIO SYSTEM?

I want make the test with my m-audio card to check if i can improve it!

Immagine%201.png

Ill do it soon with my macbook pro 2,5 Ghz :)

P.S. Not Overclocked Q6600 here...so running at 2,4 Ghz.

I really dont care about the power of streaming instruments, i have tons of midi hardware synths, but as i can see and compare to real mac pros... the real mac pro is better then our hackintosh! ISN'T?

The question is... i must spent tons of money like the guy who posted the i7 test...look at his signature...huge amount of money.. i pref to w8 the new 8 core i7 mac pro and compare the price then...and dont waste my time to find the right setup for my hack?

All is related to ...WHAT U NEED TO DO...

see ya!

70 tracks thats awesome probably better than a mac pro

One thing about the i7's though I'm guessing they can't run stock vanilla kernels?

Yep can't run stock vanilla kernel on Leopard but SnowLeopard 10.6 Vanilla works

Yesterday ive installed ideneb v1.3 10.5.5, and logic studio 8.0...

I can get 27 tracks...

i dont have any pro sound card, for 100€ whats a good choice to use with logic? For now i dont use any input, just use my akai mpk 49 by usb, so whats a good choice just to make some tracks smoothlly...

After overclocking my Skulltrail rig to 3.6 ghz ( 8 core ) I could play 74 tracks. ( New WR including MacPro:s )

It is easy to overclock to 4.0 ghz too, but then the fans will run so high I can´t hear any music anyway :-D

Now back to 3.2 ghz and silence...

• 1 month later...

http://www.evan.se/logicprobenchmark/

Here is a very simple benchmark test. Download the zipfile located on the link above.

Open with Logic 8.02. Then un-mute tracks one by one and check how many tracks your computer is able to run.

Audiobuffer:256 samples will give the best results.

Feel free to email your results to me, evan@evan.se

The chart below is missing reports from the older dual 2x2.66ghz MacPro running 10.5.3 or higher when huge improvements in multicore handling was introduced.

We are also LONGING for reports from the new Nehalem MacPro´s !

LogicBenchmarkChart.jpg

http://www.evan.se/logicprobenchmark/

Here is a very simple benchmark test. Download the zipfile located on the link above.

Open with Logic 8.02. Then un-mute tracks one by one and check how many tracks your computer is able to run.

Audiobuffer:256 samples will give the best results.

Feel free to email your results to me, evan@evan.se

The chart below is missing reports from the older dual 2x2.66ghz MacPro running 10.5.3 or higher when huge improvements in multicore handling was introduced.

We are also LONGING for reports from the new Nehalem MacPro´s !

LogicBenchmarkChart.jpg

that file have a bug , only the first (20 or something) tracks are playing the rest even unmuted are dead

another thing , to test it better delete all the tracks just leave 1 , then start cloning that track and see how many your pc can run

becouse when you mute one track that track is already taking resources of your pc

i can run 26/27 tracks in my system:

intel quadcore 6600 2.4 mhz

asus P5Q

4GB RAM 1066 mhz

500GB sata 2

radeon 4850 1GB ddr3

all the pc is default , the osx is iPC 10.5.6 fresh install , dont have net there , and logic is version 8.0.2 and all default too e just choose the audio card in options nothing more

what is the key to make screenshots? i will post them

I read some of you guys oc your cpus and get higher scores but I can´t get it to work, I´ve been trying out bios settings people with the same gear I have say work good with no luck. I´ve got a q6600 cpu the GA EP-45 DS3 and 6 gig Apacer dual channel 800 Mhz memory. It´s no big deal but it would be fun to see how much I can squeeze out of this setup.

• 1 month later...

i can get 24 tracks, with my setup, i've bought a Native Instruments Audio 4 DJ for djing and ive configured in logic, so for now is my main card. So without a "professional" audio card its not bad, i'm am searching about OC my cpu, maybe one of this day, lol.

• 1 month later...

Updated my to 10.5.7 and lost a few tracks, also coretemps seems to go up some. Even sometimes when I do simple things that you´d think are not even close to engage all cores (could be surfing the internet or run osx86tools etc) all four (q6600 cpu) starts working and coretemps would increase. Going back to 10.5.6 as soon as I get the time to reinstall everything. Man it sucks, been searching for days to find out what´s causing this with no luck.

Updated my to 10.5.7 and lost a few tracks, also coretemps seems to go up some. Even sometimes when I do simple things that you´d think are not even close to engage all cores (could be surfing the internet or run osx86tools etc) all four (q6600 cpu) starts working and coretemps would increase. Going back to 10.5.6 as soon as I get the time to reinstall everything. Man it sucks, been searching for days to find out what´s causing this with no luck.

you update using apple update?

maybe the update replace some kext... wait for a proper hack update

you update using apple update?

maybe the update replace some kext... wait for a proper hack update

Oh no I downloaded the combo and I´m running retail Leo and have replaced all the kexts I need. People with real macs using Logic say you should stay away from it too.

• 1 month later...

i Can run 29 Tracks Stable with safari open dont know if it makes a difference my setup:

Intel Quad Q8300 2.5 Ghz

4GB 667 Ram Thats what system profiler says im pretty shure its running at 800mhz

ATi Radeon 3780 512 MB

Ideneb 10.5.6>10.5.7 Software Update

Ill post later with overclocking results

• 1 month later...

E4200 Core2duo, Asus p5b (vanilla), 4gig 800mhz corsair xms2, m-audio delta 1010lt

Cpu is originally 1.8ghz, but I'm running it at 2.83.

Gets me 20 tracks!

Also, recently built a computer using gigabytes ep45-ud3lr, and intel q9550 OC'd to 3.4 ghz. Using an mbox mini it got 32 tracks. Also tried a 16 core mac pro but it only used 8 cores (why?), it got 39 tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

Been struggeling with the new Snow Leo for a week or so, managed to get it running using one of these 132 boot disc avaliable. Can´t boot without the disc so far but still. Anyway.... I get about the same amount of tracks as with 10.5.6.

SL seems a bit snappier than good old Leo but for us music folks I don´t know if it´s worth the trouble. The 132 boot disc I´m using actually has some kind og dst.aml or whatever it´s called. So I don´t think if it turnes out we have to go down that track to be able to use SL that´ll gives any better performance than before.

People report that even the new Logic 9 (so far anyway) can´t take full advantage of all the new stuff within SL

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I did it and got 51 running at 256 latency. It can deal with nearly 65 without overclocking if I hit play with left button mouse not from the beggining of the loop (space bar).

OC can deal with more than 70 as someone said in this post. i7 920 2.66 and GA EX58 UD5 in my case.

If I overclock the system I get glitches in sound. It does not stop but put artifacts within.

Geekbench. 8400. OC to 4.1 GHZ Geekbench is 11500 at 32Bits.13500 at 64 Bits. But no sound stability what so ever...

I will keep on trying to overclock the system to find stability.

Anyone else having those artifacts in sound when overclocking?

post-103383-1257351966_thumb.png