SATA doesn't work on Asus P5VD2-MX

6 posts in this topic

I have mobo Asus P5VD2-MX. I know english little, so I don't know how to patch my iAtkos to working and seeing my SATA drive. Give me please some links, drivers, sollution, 'how to'. Please for indulgence.

P5VD2-MX - VIA P4M890

SATA & IDE: IDE works; SATA needs patching to appleviaata.kext and add 0x53371106 0x2363197B to the device ID

Search and download this kext file and add these numbers to info.plis or somethin like that in this kext.

Do it and everything gonna working well.

• 2 months later...
I have mobo Asus P5VD2-MX. I know english little, so I don't know how to patch my iAtkos to working and seeing my SATA drive. Give me please some links, drivers, sollution, 'how to'. Please for indulgence.
Reviging an old one, here, but just in case someone google's their way in here...

I have that motherboard but haven't used it in a while. The single SATA connection towards the rear of the motherboard will be detected by most of the hackintosh installer DVDs. The two SATA connections on the left hand side of the motherboard won't be, unless someone has come up with a driver that I don't know about. Perhaps try the suggested solution, otherwise the one toward the rear of the motherboard should work, with Leo at least. I'm about to try iATKOS v4 for the hell of it and will report back.