Need help with 8800GT 512mb

GizDrak

5 posts in this topic

Hello I have got OSX installed and running everything is working right but my 8800GT so I am requesting help after a day of trail and error.

First System specs:

Motherboard: EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i FTW SLI ATX Intel CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core GPU: EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16

Ram: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000)

HardDrives: Two Raptor 10k 74.5GB drives. and Two Samsung SpinPoint T Series 320GB

OSX86: Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

Kernel: Kernel-Nforce

No Video opitions selected.

The problem I have tired many different things and followed a couple of How-To's and have not had any luck and getting the 8800GT working.

I have done the following.

Download and installed NVinject 0.2.1. edited the NVDAResman adding the DeviceID for my 8800GT. System will Boot to the Grey Apple screen and begin to load then will freeze. -v does not show any errors it just stops.

I downloaded and ran NVInstaller v.41. Has soon has the install ends I get a Kernel Panic reboot in load will result in a Kernel Panic. -v says that NVDAResman is creating the Kernel Panic. I did follow macgirl's post about Nforce motherboards with out success.

Followed the guide [HOW TO] GFX-EFI Tutorial for NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB (G92), A complete guide with support files

followed all the steps and get the same result has using NVinject 0.2.1 loads then freezes.

I am at a lost I have also tired other things trying to get it to work but I have tired so many it is hard to remember what I have done. I have done tones of searching here and probably read all most every post of 8800GT but have yet to find anything that works.

So I ask for your help any ideas would help thanks for everything!

make sure the geforce and all other nvidia kexts have only your device id for the 8800gt and not any ranges or anything else, i think it might be trying to attach itself to your nforce chipset that might have similiar device ids.

i'm not sure which ones you specifically need to edit (make sure you back them all up before editing), i think only the 'geforce' on needs editing and you will have to remove all device ids and only have your 8800gt in it.

Well I think the Graphic Driver is loading correctly now. But I am now getting NVDA: start display 1 failed on boot so now I will need to do some reading up on that and see if can solve that problem.