Software Update Utility by Zephyroth (For AMD/Intel Systems)

78 posts in this topic

AMD Software Update

This software allow you to install Apple updates (almost) like on a real Mac. Keep in mind that at the moment it's a beta version and make sure to have a test partition before to test it.

New version of ASU (0.4)

- Remove /Library/Updates/* if it contains folders (should fix the bug when "Preparing download ...".

- Detect the cpu and change the icon automatically.

- Detect if EFI is installed or not and backup files consequently (need some more work/tests)

- Show description of each packages in your native language.

- Some interface changes.

About This Mac Modifier

This software lets you modify the About This Mac screen easily.

You can put the image you want and change the CPU and Ram string.

New version of ATMM (0.3)

- Detect if the dropped file is an image or not.

- Automatically resize image to fit correctly in the About This Mac screen.

- Ask for logout if you dropped an image for the change to take effect.

- Some minor interface changes to be closer to the About This Mac screen.

We must have something like this for Intel users!! :P I remember I posted this idea on the forum a while ago, but I never thought that this would actually happen!

THANKS Zephyroth :)

I remember suggesting this kind of idea about a month ago, but for AMD users specifically. It was a truly a surprise for the all of us! =)

We must have something like this for Intel users!! :) I remember I posted this idea on the forum a while ago, but I never thought that this would actually happen!

THANKS Zephyroth :)

We must have something like this for Intel users!! :) I remember I posted this idea on the forum a while ago, but I never thought that this would actually happen!

THANKS Zephyroth :(

All updates have been safe for me...so far. I think it's more useful for AMD people because their hardware is less compatible.

Fantastic work! :(

Is it only for Leopard? would be great to build it on Tiger (while I wait for the Leopard instant reboot to get resolved :D )

Can't get it to run on Tiger, so I presume so ... ?

Cheers

scooby

This update utility is only available for Leopard by Zephyroth. You can ask him over at forums.infinitemac.com if you like. =)) :D

Fantastic work! :unsure:

Is it only for Leopard? would be great to build it on Tiger (while I wait for the Leopard instant reboot to get resolved ;) )

Can't get it to run on Tiger, so I presume so ... ?

Cheers

scooby

No problem, I inquired about this to Zephyroth. Let's see what he says for you Tiger users. =)

Thanks WinLinMac01; posted about half an hour ago :P no answer yet though :D

No problem, by the way: the new version can be found here: http://rapidshare.com/files/112202332/AMD-...Update.zip.html

Released yesterday. Try at your own will. Enjoy.

WinLinMac01: Great thanks for that, much appreciated.

Nice!.I am going to try this for sure...I am tired of patching and replacing files every time that an update is released.I have 5 Leo install to test (and crash... :P )

We all are in the same boat for sure. :D

You don't know how happy I am in regards to this. Makes our lives easier, lol. =)

Leave our worries away now.

Nice!.I am going to try this for sure...I am tired of patching and replacing files every time that an update is released.I have 5 Leo install to test (and crash... :( )

@ WinLinMac01

The link to the file in the first post is broken it goes to

File not found

because the address to the file looks like this in the address bar:

http://rapidshare.com/files/112202332/AMD-...Update.zip.html

I've tried running it, but after downloading a list with updates, it throws an error at me saying "variable tout_le_fichiers is not defined"..

Is there anybody else that gets this error?

i admit i haven't tried it yet, but seems it lacks an option to save what is deleted from the update(e.g system.kext). when a new patched kernel will be out.. noobs wil start asking why they cannot mount pendrives etc... you need an option to backup deleted files on the update package

Thanks, I have just updated the link. The file can now be found in a directory from old releases to new. Install the most recent one available by date, and enjoy. =)

osx.kbot.de

@ WinLinMac01

The link to the file in the first post is broken it goes to

File not found

because the address to the file looks like this in the address bar:

http://rapidshare.com/files/112202332/AMD-...Update.zip.html

A fix is being developed right now by Zephyroth. Please be patient. :)

I'm wondering where the error comes from in the installer, is it possible to have a look into the source code?

The link has been removed. Sorry.

Zephyroth is currently in the works of another beta release. Hopefully by the end of this week, that will come out.

The official release is still unclear. Therefore, we will have to wait in what he has to say. =)

Good work. When's the final stable release coming?

The link has been removed. Sorry.