Problem with Realtek 8187 wifi

sopskysalat

2 posts in this topic

Hi forumers,

I have got kalway 10.5.2 installed on my laptop and i shld say, everything works fine with mac running on dual core as well. video is good except when i try to clone the output, it gone crazy.

Okay, I have downloaded both L and B driver from realtek, but after i installed either one, nothing happens. Almost a perfect installed but i am pretty sure the wifi is USB realtek 8187. Anyone can point me to any thread or advise me accordingly.

Tks a lot.

Hi forumer,

In "more about the system", I found out that under the USB devices, it read out clearly RTL8187 Wireless USB. the product ID is 0xabe6 and vendor ID is 0x13d1. When I installed the driver downloaded from realtek, both ID are in integer, so I converted both ID to be 0xabe6=44006 and 0x13d1=5073 and did a sudo nano to the info.plist file to replace all the integer figures under all various device name.

I hope I am doing something to point the device ID to the correct one since I cant match any of the ID in the driver to the one under USB page giving me the USB RTL8187 product ID and vendor ID.

Nothing happens!!! Sigh, I am really giving up hope on both of my laptop running 8187 and 3945.