SSE3 NO XD in OSX10.4.5

calmesal

5 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I installed 10.4.4 using Maxxuss guide and it work like a charm using mach_kernel.nonx patch. But when i updated to 10.4.5 and replaced the kernel with mach_kernel.nonx from 10.4.4 I got the kernel panic during the boot process. Maxxuss says that this shoud work with the kernel from 10.4.4. I tryed att the kind of the pre-patched kernels to but no go.

Runing on AsrockP4Dual915

P4Prescot SSE3 NO DX

Dual booting with chai0

2HD WinXP/Mac OS X

I ran into a few similar problems with the Kernel for 10.4.5, with SSE no XD. I simply started using the 10.4.4 ALL Kernel and it works fine, interesting as I have tried all other combinations

NONX

NONX+CPUID

NONX+RTC

NONX+CPUID+RTC

And only the ALL worked :)

Regards,

{censored}-x

I ran into a few similar problems with the Kernel for 10.4.5, with SSE no XD. I simply started using the 10.4.4 ALL Kernel and it works fine, interesting as I have tried all other combinations

NONX

NONX+CPUID

NONX+RTC

NONX+CPUID+RTC

And only the ALL worked ;)

Regards,

{censored}-x

Right, same thing here... :dev:(

mobo Intel D915GUX, P4 2.8

Do a fresh install format your partion from the 10.4.4 DVD then you can upgrade to 10.4.5 that fixed my problem

PS dont forget to copy the kext for ACPI, Networking, AC97sound, PS2keybord/mouse and if neccesery the Intel915 kext from 10.4.4 befor you upgrade. I hade som ACPI issues with 10.4.4 it never shutt down my system, but this broblem is gone with 10.4.5.

I am happy now with my fully working OSX10.4.5 system and it is awesome.