Hans Reiser found guilty of murder.

bofors

42 posts in this topic

Does it change people's opinions now that DuBois has stated to the press in response to a question about finding the body as earning some leniency,

"We'll have to talk to the prosecutor about that," Du Bois said. "I mean, that would have to be something the prosecutor would have to participate in."

Found that on threatlevel, more than one person there mentioned it.

So, your argument is that people are all the same?

Under the law? Absolutely 100% they should be. One law for everyone, thats the idea, right?

Every prison system and jail in the USA, classifies and segregates inmates on the basis of the violence of their crimes and history of cooperation as a prisoner. I am not suggesting that more civilized criminals like Reiser should not go to prison, I am saying that they should be separated from the street trash that is born to be incarcerated.

You sound a bit confused here. You're saying on the one hand that every prison in the US will separate its prisoners based on violence, history etc, then you argue that Reiser should be separated. If *every* prison already does this, then surely he will be separated from the violent 'animals'.

To be perfectly honest, Bofors, for someone as anti-establishment as you claim to be, with your conspiracy theories about the government being evil and wotnot, you really do seem to have some fairly Nazi ideas:

- YES people are and should be all the same in the eyes of the law. Why do you think Lady Justice wears a blindfold?

- 'street trash that is born to be incarcerated' ?? I mean for {censored} SAKES bofors, are you just trying to wind me up? What would be done with them, in your ideal world, you socio-elitist pig? Would you have them all 'disappear'?

You do realize that the News reports only partial of the entire story and it is flipped flopped so many freakin times; we are just told what they want us to hear. Obviously they had enough info for the 12 jurists to agree he was guilty. No morally good person, no matter of any religion, would want to charge someone for murder when they felt that person was innocent.

With all respect but that sounds quite naive. 'Morally good' does not mean the same to all people. People are people and certain people are very well able to misjudge, especially when it's about things they are not quite familiar with or they have been brought up with the prejudice that certain things and people which are not exactly 'average' are to be treated with suspicion. BTW talking about religion, I have encountered this prejudice especially in very 'religious' people.

You also realise that members of the jury who are somewhat in doubt are very often pushed into the direction of the majority. There are very subtle psychological methods for that, group dynamics etc. An in-law of mine is lawyer in the US. She knows about the shenanigans at courts.

Granted, Reiser is a somewhat peculiar character but he's also very smart - a combination which certain people just can't get their heads around.

btw there were live blogs verbatim from the court. I didn't follow it in all details but there's definitely more info than just filtered news coverage.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/localn...;entry_id=25659

- 'street trash that is born to be incarcerated' ?? I mean for {censored} SAKES bofors, are you just trying to wind me up? What would be done with them, in your ideal world, you socio-elitist pig? Would you have them all 'disappear'?

Why, we could put them in Sanctuary Districts where they be kept nice and safe from the civilized world.

• 1 month later...
Under the law? Absolutely 100% they should be. One law for everyone, thats the idea, right?

You sound a bit confused here. You're saying on the one hand that every prison in the US will separate its prisoners based on violence, history etc, then you argue that Reiser should be separated. If *every* prison already does this, then surely he will be separated from the violent 'animals'.

To be perfectly honest, Bofors, for someone as anti-establishment as you claim to be, with your conspiracy theories about the government being evil and wotnot, you really do seem to have some fairly Nazi ideas:

- YES people are and should be all the same in the eyes of the law. Why do you think Lady Justice wears a blindfold?

As my last big going out, I would like to comment; I have never seen Mooky get that worked up... wow!

• 4 weeks later...

I gave my young niece an older desktop specially installed with Linux (SuSE) and full of educational software like Gcompris, Tux Type, etc. I did this so she can learn about computers whilst "playing". The system has been running perfect for quite some time, however, I just brought the tower back to my place to reformat the hard drive to ext3. It was previously ReiserFS.

interesting to revisit this thread in light of recent events. so he was a murderer after all. do you still believe he deserves better treatment than 'street trash born to be incarcerated' bofors? or have you disappeared up your own arse again?

Well, the link in the very first post already made it sound as if he'd done it, though in my view it was partial to his side:

"Six days after she disappeared, police found Nina's minivan in the Oakland hills about two miles from Hans Reiser's house, and the same distance from her own apartment. The car contained Nina's purse and $144 in rotting groceries that she'd purchased before dropping off the children.

When police eventually located Hans Reiser's Honda CRX a few miles from his home, they found the interior waterlogged, the passenger seat missing, and two books on police murder investigations inside. They also found a sleeping-bag cover stained with a 6-inch wide blotch of Nina's dried blood. Reiser later testified that the couple had sex in the sleeping bag on a camping trip prior to their 2004 separation.

The only other physical evidence in the case was a trace of Nina Reiser's blood found on a pillar inside Hans' house."

Anybody REALLY surprised?! Anybody really thought he wasn't guilty just because he made an FS?!

So where's all the apologetics now?

I would not hold my breath for any apologies. They are the same kool-aid drinkers that demonize Microsoft for updates to Vista yet when Apple releases updates to Leopard, Steve Jobs is praised to high heaven. Can't have it both ways.

I would not hold my breath for any apologies. They are the same kool-aid drinkers that demonize Microsoft for updates to Vista yet when Apple releases updates to Leopard, Steve Jobs is praised to high heaven. Can't have it both ways.

I meant "apologists." You know, all the people that rushed to the defense of their precious developer because he was a good open-source soldier. They've all vanished now that the truth comes out.