iATKOS v2.0i

themanis

318 posts in this topic

I installed it on my asus a8js , installation went fine but when i want to boot up the system dont do that...no error...I used some method to enable my partition (make it bootable) but still no change...anyone with any idea how to fix that?

kalway 10.5.2 just running some scripts and stack...(dead...)

anyone installed the new version ?

Hi,

I installed the new iATKOS 2.0i version on my Laptop (a local UK company called Novatech - XOR Laptop). It has Intel Core2 Duo T8100 @ 2.10 Ghz Processor and Intel Wireless 4965AG.

Everything so far is very good, expect for my Wireless Card. It is not working. :(

Thanks for a wonderful release.

Please help with fixing the Wireless issue I have.

Many thanks,

Nanda

Hello! N00b here! (have patience...lol) :D

Installed iATKOS 2 on sunday here on a load of new hardware I bought, trying to keep it "mac-pro/imac-similar-ish":

Intel Core 2 Duo (Penryn), DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL Motherboard (Intel P35+ICH9R), BFG 8800GT OC graphics, 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, 500GB Samsung HDD, SATA DVD Drive.

I had to change IDE type to AHCI (I think it was) in the bios, then it worked fine. Works very well except no sound at the mo', and the generic PCI wireless card hasn't shown up. My generic firewire PCI card appears, as does my USB bluetooth dongle. Yay!

I installed with 3 partitions, 1 for XP (medium), one for osx (large), and another called "testmac" which is small, with osx too, for messing about with (in case I bugger it). When I boot it uses Darwin to give me the option of the 3 drives. I notice though I can't boot from CD though anymore as it goes straight to Darwin no matter how much I tap any key! The only way I can at the mo' is choosing my empty XP drive, it then complains there's no system and I get a short time then to hit any key! Is there a way around this? I'm currently too scared to install XP in case I can never boot from CD again! :-o

Also I'm not sure if I'm using EFI emulation or just plain Darwin? How do I tell? Can I use official apple updates if I do? Are there any cons? I'm trying to get my hardware as similar to a mac as possible and make it run/appear like a mac as much as possible. If I can "do something" to my hardware, then just use real (paid-for) OSX then I would! Currently I intend to try to make it up to Apple by buying iLife, iWork, more songs on iTunes, a Front row remote, and one of their overpriced keyboards and mice! :)

Is there a good place for a complete overview of exactly how EFI emulation and different osx86 things work with pros and cons of each? I've spent days searching and reading forums but often it's tricky to tell what's relevant to what install, what's out-dated, and what's applicable to me. Sometimes I read for hours to only find one useful tit-bit! Lots of n00b guides are just for installation and don't tell me exactly what I want to choose, and how it all works, how it relates to my hardware, and what it all means, and I didn't have trouble getting it to install! I don't really want to ask questions that have all been asked before elsewhere, but I'm finding it hard to find what I need to know! Installing was easy with iATKOS 2, it's just deciding if I've installed the right thing!

Thanks in advance for any help, tips, or links to info/overviews/threads/etc...

Anyway, thanks for the iATKOS 2 release... :P

P.S. Nanda.. I got my bits from Novatech too!

Hit F8 just as you boot up. EFI emulation was invented by Netkas. It allows you to use Apple's Kernel and system kexts, and not the hacked ones, by simulating EFI. Most updates are fine, like minor updates and Applications but do not update to 10.5.3, use Kalyway or Jas's updater, or read the Guide on the forum on how to do it.

This is a good installer, I have used Kalyway and Leo4All most of the time, but after using iATKOS for the first time on my XPS M1530 I am impressed at how fast it installs-- the only issues I had was I had to apply an SATA AHCI fix after 10.5.3 update and my time machine consistently returns a no MAC address failure so Time machine wont work ... but thats okay SUperDuper! works fine..

Looking forward to their 10.5.3 rls as well -- if they plan on rlsing one that is ;)

Yea ive install iaktos 2.0 on my 1525 and it works fine except or the sound which can be fixed in these forums.

Can someone please direct me to the driver I need for this sound card?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

would that be okay if i update iatkos v2.01 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 using the Software update? coz i've tried before, not using the software update i directly download it then install, my system crashed. please tell me.. thanks

I tried the Kalyway combo update to 10.5.3. I chose one of the Kernels. Rebooted. Shagged it!

Then I reinstalled iAtkos 2.0, tried Kalyway update again. Didn't choose a Kernel. Shagged it!

I then tried both the apple combo update to 10.5.4 and tried doing it the way Netkas said to update to 10.5.2/3 by deleting the AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext (I think it was) as soon as it appears, then editing the update script. Shagged it again! Doh!

Back to 10.5.2 again for now...

I've installed iAktos V2.0i on my Dell 9200, 2.4 GHZ Proccessor Q6600, Nvidia 8800gtx, 1x 500gb hard drive, 4gb 667 ram and I have installed it numerous times to get it working. I finish installing it but once I restart into Mac OSX it loads for a while and then shows a little cirlcle with a line through it. Whats am I doing wrong?

Please help me :)

I've installed iAktos V2.0i on my Dell 9200, 2.4 GHZ Proccessor Q6600, Nvidia 8800gtx, 1x 500gb hard drive, 4gb 667 ram and I have installed it numerous times to get it working. I finish installing it but once I restart into Mac OSX it loads for a while and then shows a little cirlcle with a line through it. Whats am I doing wrong?

Please help me :(

press -v and see where it it gets an error or stops

In computer management in device manager under sound,video and game controllers, it lists the following:

Creative SB X-Fi

High Definition Audio Device

M779 PCIe PAL/SECAM/DVB-T Desktop TV Tuner (Bridge)

M779 PCIe PAL/SECAM/DVB-T Desktop TV Tuner (Tuner)

M779 PCIe PAL/SECAM/DVB-T Desktop TV Tuner (Video Capture)

Network adapters:

Intel ® 82566DV Gigabit Network Connection

Hope you can help!

I tried the Kalyway combo update to 10.5.3. I chose one of the Kernels. Rebooted. Shagged it!

Then I reinstalled iAtkos 2.0, tried Kalyway update again. Didn't choose a Kernel. Shagged it!

I then tried both the apple combo update to 10.5.4 and tried doing it the way Netkas said to update to 10.5.2/3 by deleting the AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext (I think it was) as soon as it appears, then editing the update script. Shagged it again! Doh!

Back to 10.5.2 again for now...

It works for me. Updated to Kalyway 10.5.2, the combo update kalyway 10.5.3 and finished with the official apple 10.5.4 update.

I went from netkaskernel to kabylkernel (no the same version as my system.kext but working good so far).

• 5 months later...

Hi I am using iATKOS v 1.0i 10.5.1 on my system and i have been using it since the past 1 year but now i want to upgrade to 10.5.6 which is available as it has many fixes can anyone help me as to how i can do tht and is there any risk to any of the programs installed as i dont not want to loose them .. i tried downloading the 10.5.2 when it came last year and my pc crashed after installing tht and after tht i had to redo the entire installation so since tht time i have not tried to update again.. i understand tht as this is a hacked version the updates tht are directly available from mac wont work so is there a diff way to install the updates .

it wud be very helpful if someone can help me in tht by giving a detailed explanation or point me in the right direction by which i mean any link or something which has the detailed steps so i can try tht

• 6 months later...