Geforce 9 series drivers?

Wrenbird

13 posts in this topic

Hi Wrenbird,

No, not at the moment. These GeForce 9 Series cards use the G94 core, which is not supported in Leopard (not even in 10.5.3) ;) The only thing we can do is wait until Apple decides to put in G94 support in their updates. I saw this thread which attempts to make the 9600GT work, but it didn't work. This is sad cause those 9 series cards are HUGE value for the money (there are 9600GT's for the same price I bought my 7900GS for!!!). In the future I am definitely gonna upgrade to at least a 9600GT or possibly a 9800GTX or GX2 whether they are OSx86 friendly or not.

Just got home with a shiny 9800GTX, I borrowed a 8800GT from a friend to test drivers and it works marvelously under Vanilla 10.5.2, I s'pose I could just change the Device ID for the 9800 since it's still G92 core and same amount of memory? Only difference seems to be higher clocks!

EDIT- The Dev. ID for 9800GTX is 0612, vendor is of course 0x10de

lol, pcwiz need to read more

9800gtx and 9800gx2 has same core as 8800gt, so it works with leopard, only some problems because of it's devid, u can find aqua-macs topics about 9800gtx

Lol sorry last I heard these had the G94 and not G92 so thats what I assumed. But thanks, now I'm gonna get one of these red hot 9800GTX cards ASAP.

just read the damn aquamac's thread about it, just like netkas said : he posted patched drivers so it is using 8600GTS OpenGL Engine --> no blank menus.

And no, 8600GTS OpenGL Engine won't make your 9800GTX run like a 8600.

it's called White Menus problem :D

we have them for a long time on some radeon hd cards

fix for it - is to rename gl driver name for card, via editing x2000 gldriver, we replace e.g. RV635 prototype GL Driver with smth like Radeon 3650 GL Driver. :D

and white menus gone.

Nvidia gets gl version string from card bios, so it's harder in nvidia's case