AppleSMBIOS-27-Rev6 Released!

28 posts in this topic

There are many fixes included in the latest SMBIOS

Release Date: April 21, 2008

Here are the fixes below:

- Fourth Release (Rev. 6).

- Cleaned up/removed some older code.

- Removed user specifiable value for Model Identifier - this was causing Disk Utility to Crash!

- Added option to specify serial number.

This AppleSMBIOS has been modified to (hopefully) allow everything to now work correctly. Adobe CS3, Final Cut Pro, DVD Player, Bluetooth, Memory Info etc. should now all function correctly when using these.

This AppleSMBIOS has various new features, including Netkas' Serial Number fix (for applications such as Second Life), along with User-Settable options for Serial Number, BIOSVersion (which is transformed into Boot ROM Version), Memory Speed, and Memory Type.

I have taken a chance to install this new release on one of my systems (Zephyroth's latest 10.5.2 Revision 2 release) and can safely confirm that everything is working fine after applying the update. However, it appears that this update does not work for everyone. Some users have reported that the update does not work on Kalway's and Leo4All's releases. Therefore, please keep in mind to backup your existing SMBIOS before updating to this one.

---Enjoy! *WinLinMac01

Download Link--> http://my.macdotnub.info/content/view/22/26/

Good to hear that it works on Kalway. You are the first person I am hearing this from. Supposedly, this update does not work with Kalway's latest 10.5.2 release.

excellent.

Works with Kalyway 10.5.1 + updates.

Interesting, what are your specifications? Other users reported negative with Kalway. You may be another lucky one like me. - Cheers! :P

Just thought I'd say that I have the Kalyway 10.5.2 release and this SMBios is working for me.

I have a feeling that its the same thing.

any chance to get a Macpro model like the other releases? thanks a lot!

Good to hear that it works on Kalway. You are the first person I am hearing this from. Supposedly, this update does not work with Kalway's latest 10.5.2 release.

Hard to see why it wouldn't work with Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. This release is very stable for me, I've updated the Hackintosh with all available updates from Apple and it works well.

Thanx to macdotnub :)

Download Kext-Helper (google is your friend), run the application, point the app to the AppleSMBIOS.kext you want to install, and Kext-Helper will do the rest for you, just type your password, and you should be good to go. Don't forget to restart your system.

noob question here.. pls help.. how do i use this AppleSMBIOS.kext? can i just copy this to /System/Library/Extensions????... pls help.... :(

You don't have to, but it is definitely encouraged. Updating SMBIOS is upon your will. I know I would if I were you, but at the same time, it would also depend at different circumstances.

Do we need it for Leo4all AMD ???? or can we ???

This is really good to hear. Others say that it doesn't work with Kalway, well that's there problem, lol. :unsure:

Works fine with kalyway 10.5.1 + off update 10.5.2

Thanks

There are many fixes included in the latest SMBIOS

Release Date: April 21, 2008

Here are the fixes below:

- Fourth Release (Rev. 6).

- Cleaned up/removed some older code.

- Removed user specifiable value for Model Identifier - this was causing Disk Utility to Crash!

- Added option to specify serial number.

This AppleSMBIOS has been modified to (hopefully) allow everything to now work correctly. Adobe CS3, Final Cut Pro, DVD Player, Bluetooth, Memory Info etc. should now all function correctly when using these.

This AppleSMBIOS has various new features, including Netkas' Serial Number fix (for applications such as Second Life), along with User-Settable options for Serial Number, BIOSVersion (which is transformed into Boot ROM Version), Memory Speed, and Memory Type.

I have taken a chance to install this new release on one of my systems (Zephyroth's latest 10.5.2 Revision 2 release) and can safely confirm that everything is working fine after applying the update. However, it appears that this update does not work for everyone. Some users have reported that the update does not work on Kalway's and Leo4All's releases. Therefore, please keep in mind to backup your existing SMBIOS before updating to this one.

---Enjoy! *WinLinMac01

Download Link--> http://my.macdotnub.info/content/view/22/26/

Hello,

I have updated the AppleSMbios.kext v6 in Leo4all v2. I see no deference as before the switch.

Airport doesn't see my wireless Rt2500 (i have to use a ralink tool written for Tiger to use my wireless card.)

and in about my Mac i still don't see my build in ALC880 device, although almost everything in relation to sound works.

Do you have any idea to have build in Sound and wireless card recognized within About my Mac.

Thanks in advance

I know you don't have to have serial. I was just thinking it would be cool to have original product code because i bought the retail disc and installed with that.

By the way, if i don't answer soon its because i don't like getting on with dial up. :thumbsup_anim:

Its the same thing either way. :)

I know you don't have to have serial. I was just thinking it would be cool to have original product code because i bought the retail disc and installed with that.

By the way, if i don't answer soon its because i don't like getting on with dial up. :)

Hi Guys!!!

Ok in 10.5.2 Leo4All V3

to all programs detects as original imac edit this in the com.apple.boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>MemSpeed=800 MemType=DDR2 SerialNum=W55111APPL3</string>

MemSpeed, Frequence of your ram mem

MemType, DDR, DDR2, DDR3

SerialNum, W55111APPL3 (New Imac)

and copy to library the AppleSMBIOS.kext and repair permissions

VMware working, parallels and crosover ok!

WiseMen!