display distorted after sleep (7300GT 256MB)

agrajag

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

My newly assembled machine works very well- only a very few issues. The main annoyance now is the distorted video display after sleep. I am running a 22" LCD and the text is messed up after sleep, and after playing some games. The only fix is to reboot- changing resolutions and other attempts to fiddle with it don't seem to work. I am running Kalyway 10.5.2 and have NVInject 0.2.0.

I am using a PCIe EVGA E-GEFORCE 7300GT 256MB on the DVI output. The MB is a Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C, and running with 2GB and a Core 2 Duo E4700.

Any suggestions? I have turned off sleep for now (which works fine otherwise, but I would like to re-enable it) but the messed video after some games is really annoying too.

Today I discovered that sleep and wake works fine if I am connected to my monitor using the VGA connection. Earlier I was connected via DVI (I am running on a 22" LCD monitor). Is there any reason why sleep would distort the video on the DVI connection but not VGA? I seem to be running NVInject 0.2.0 (from Kalyway 10.5.2).

This tends to be a problem with some cards. I don't know that it would be an issue of VGA over DVI but instead about using the 1st (or primary) connection of your card. At least that is what I've found to be true with my 7600gt.

• 3 months later...