CrossOver Hangs, Bahaves Weird

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a 2GHz Core Duo MacBook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. I installed CrossOver version 6.2.1 to run uTorrent. Everything works fine for a few minutes, but after that uTorrent kind of freezes (can't press any buttons, nothing moves/changes, completely frozen), but at the same time I see the bandwith meter reads that it's downloading at 200k/sec. When I look at the processes, "wineserver" and "wineloader" take up 70% of CPU power, about 35% each, then the exhaust fan hits 6200rpm, etc, etc, but uTorrent still doesn't respond. Sometimes it starts to respond real slow, but most often I have to end the process from CrossOver's task manager. Other times, uTorrent hangs completely, not even dowloading.

I tried several versions of uTorrent, other torrent programs, even different "bottles" (winXP and win2000), but still the same happens. Is there something wrong with CrossOver? Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks!

I'm having the same issue. I've tried all sorts of different configurations of X11, Darwine and CrossOver.

It seems as if the program is still running, itself, but is no longer responding to /any/ input from the user, such as typing, clicking, dragging, or even trying to move or resize the window itself. For example, if you were running mIRC.exe, you could still see messages from the server or other people, but the window will not accept your input.

CrossOver seems to be independent of the native X11 installation or version, though it has the same effect of "freezing" (but still actually running). When using X11 (2.2.1)/Darwine, it happens less frequent, but still happens. It appears to be happening with X11 itself, as xterms have the same "freeze" effect, and it will not work until X11 is completely restarted.

• 1 month later...