• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ASWYP

ASWYP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
this may seem weird but here's the situation.
I installed 10.4.4 on 2 partitions, updated one of them to 10.4.5. then I remembered that I had to use a 10.4.3 install to get some kext files for the sound to work. ok, got a good install of 10.4.5.
I have XP on a partition with acronis bootloader on it. acronis goes to the 10.4.3 bootloader when I select the other os to boot from.
I want to completely get rid of the 10.4.3 partition. but the darwin bootloader won't allow me to boot directly from the 10.4.5 partition. it goes to the 10.4.3 bootloader. When I make 10.4.5 the active partition, I get a "can't find suitable os" error message.

Bottom line question is how do I make the 10.4.5 partition the osX boot partition so I can then get rid of the 10.4.3 partition?

ampTK

ampTK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
On System Preferences, Chose Stardup Disk, and then, select the one you want to boot by default.

ASWYP

ASWYP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for that info. I attempted to try that from the 10.4.3 and it appeared to set the default volume correctly but didn't change the boot sequence at all. I then tried it on the 10.4.5 volume and the 10.4.3 doesn't even show up as an option. it is mounted to the desktop though. very strange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy