can anybody give some advice?

ASWYP

3 posts in this topic

this may seem weird but here's the situation.

I installed 10.4.4 on 2 partitions, updated one of them to 10.4.5. then I remembered that I had to use a 10.4.3 install to get some kext files for the sound to work. ok, got a good install of 10.4.5.

I have XP on a partition with acronis bootloader on it. acronis goes to the 10.4.3 bootloader when I select the other os to boot from.

I want to completely get rid of the 10.4.3 partition. but the darwin bootloader won't allow me to boot directly from the 10.4.5 partition. it goes to the 10.4.3 bootloader. When I make 10.4.5 the active partition, I get a "can't find suitable os" error message.

Bottom line question is how do I make the 10.4.5 partition the osX boot partition so I can then get rid of the 10.4.3 partition?

thanks for that info. I attempted to try that from the 10.4.3 and it appeared to set the default volume correctly but didn't change the boot sequence at all. I then tried it on the 10.4.5 volume and the 10.4.3 doesn't even show up as an option. it is mounted to the desktop though. very strange.