UITabBar + UINavigation + UITableView - HELP!

5 posts in this topic

Hey all. I have been parusing the internet for several different answers, and I haven't found anything I've been happy with, but I've been most pleased with the answers coming from this forum :)

Here's what I've done so far:

I've created an application with XCode that is a UITabBar application. I was able to get three custom views created, get them all wired up to each tab bar button and it switches magically between views as I touch each tab button.

Hooray.

My problem is now that I need to create a view that contains a simple UITableView which can be displayed inside a view. The view itself is a UIViewController object (although examples I've seen have based this on "UIViewController <UITableViewDelgate>").

Seeing as my grasp on the iPhone SDK is still rusty at best, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a set of example code that shows how to set up a view to display a UITableView object pre-populated with "Item 1" through "Item 10"? All I want is to show this in a UIViewController object, so it can be displayed when I click the correct tab button at the bottom of the display.

I should be able to figure out the UINavigation stuff, but so far it's been hit (display blank bar) or miss (crash entire application.)

It would be nice to set up the wiring using the IB, but from all accounts I've been reading online, this is near impossible.

Short of setting up a new application as a UITableView application, is there any "easy" or "simple" way to do what I want? Just a table view in a view that is controlled by a UITabBar. I would think it wouldn't be that hard but so far - I've had crash after crash after crash.

It's quite a hair-pulling experience! :P

I appreciate any help anyone can provide!!

Can you help me out? I have been trying to figure out how to create UITabBar and I can't seem to find any decent example..

what i am trying to build is:

1. A top navigation bar

2. Middle View which will change

3. A tab-bar at the bottom

any help?

Try creating a new project for the tab-bar code by going into XCode and doing:

File -> New Project -> Cocoa Touch Tab Bar

This will allow you to create a project with a tab bar at the bottom. I haven't been able to figure out, however, how to add a navigation bar. It seems I can add a List Project, or a Tab Bar project, but I can't combine the two!

Hopefully some will be able to help.

• 3 weeks later...

Tsuchi5 - I am trying to do exactly the same thing as you. I still haven't figure it out. Can you share your code on how you did it?

I also have TabBar applications with 4 views which are set up. Now I would like to set up a UITableView inside on of the views which would be feed from a simple NSArrayObject.

Thanks for helping,

Jume