Hard to believe but update in the works

eddie11c

120 posts in this topic

hey eddie,

awesome work, respect! ;)

installed v3 today only had some minor problems/missing kexts but it´s running 100% stable!

could you please include alc889a and realtekR1000_1.04 along with the triakis driver as zarac posted before?

i´m not exactly sure if the appleHDApatcher 1.20 was included, so here it is.

that would be great!

thanks again!

regards,

rramon

hi eddie.

i already asked this, but i guess i was late for the v3.

the problem is my radeon 3870 (by gigabyte, device 9501, vendor 1002) works only with triakis driver package, and not with the newer natits.

there are a few more users i chatted with on irc who had the same problem.

new lamna natit for some reason works only for some 3850 and 3870's, not all.

triakis package works fine when installed after leopard graphics update - if applied after triakis, leo graphics update breaks qe/ci.

it would be nice to have it on the dvd for those unlucky users like me.

once again, thank you for devoting your time and efforts into this.

respect.

edit:

for some reason i don´t get all information about my Hd (Samsung 501LJ) and DVD-RW (Samsung SH-S183L) but both do work. did i something wrong or is it due to the hacked leo??

should i have include the appleAHCIport.kext like these?

Eddie, I'm so pleased with your work, I almost hesitate to ask for something - and this is kindof a doozie... but I'm sure we'd all love a widget that would display CPU temp and system temp.

*quickly ducks*

Ok, ok, I know that'd be really hard! It'd just... be nice, is all.

could you please include alc889a and realtekR1000_1.04

i've discovered that original realtek drivers published on their website (version 2.0.0, released 2008/3/26) work perfectly for my 8111-8139 integrated ethernet on gigabyte p35-ds3l. no modification necessary.

the driver can be found on realtek drivers download page (direct download link).

as for sound drivers, in my opinion there's just too many different chips and revisions to include them ALL on the install dvd.

but if eddie decides to make it so, it would be great to make a little research and specify what mobo comes with with certain sound chip.

for example:

• ALC889a - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4, don't know any others, that's why the research is needed
  • ALC888 - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, don't know any others, that's why the research is needed

it would make installation much easier for the noobish users who don't know about their audio chip, sometimes it's not easy to figure out which one your mobo has.

but if eddie decides to make it so, it would be great to make a little research and specify what mobo comes with with certain sound chip.

for example:

• ALC889a - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4, don't know any others, that's why the research is needed
  • ALC888 - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, don't know any others, that's why the research is needed

i have the GA-G33m-DS2R comes with the ALC889a as well

Eddie, I'm so pleased with your work, I almost hesitate to ask for something - and this is kindof a doozie... but I'm sure we'd all love a widget that would display CPU temp and system temp.

*quickly ducks*

Ok, ok, I know that'd be really hard! It'd just... be nice, is all.

It's not something that needs to junk up an install DVD. Download Temperature Monitor and be done with it.

I have a few idea I am going to try to include. I will have more time in the coming week to work on this, so should make some good progress. I am tempted to wait for 10.5.3 so I can include it, but who knows when apple finalizes it.

Many people are having issues here and there with nVidia cards. Please put the newest nVinject on the new disc, as it allows proper resolution and QE/CI support.

Which cards? I didn't have problems but then again, I've only tested one card 8800GTS.

I don't have problems, I heard that some people had issues with the GO platform of nVidia cards.

I have a few idea I am going to try to include. I will have more time in the coming week to work on this, so should make some good progress. I am tempted to wait for 10.5.3 so I can include it, but who knows when apple finalizes it.

I would wait for 10.5.3 as it is really close and this way you would have the first release with 10.5.3 :wink2:

Well the next update is a matter of two weeks time I am guessing. Let's see how far Apple can get. Thus far, I have not heard of any problems with the current build. Its only a matter of time now. - Cheers! =)

I would wait for 10.5.3 as it is really close and this way you would have the first release with 10.5.3 ;)

hey Eddie can you add camino web browser to the patch? I love that browser since it is so much more faster than firefox 2.14.0.

Why should extraneous programs like this be added, it just adds unnecessary space to the disk, download it once you've installed it.

this will give notebook users with Keyboard issues, Synapticspads scrolling, tapping etc AND Powermanagement with batterymeter!

Install description inside the zipfile

If this works it would be very welcome. As I have noted in the Leo4allv3 thread I have had a lot of problems getting to bootup to the desktop, requiring up to three or four tries and sometimes when I get there the keyboard doesn't work. This has happened with Kalyway, also.

ICH8R would be welcome, also.

I need speedstep, so no benefits to me in 10.5.3's kernel. I need to read up on what the fixes are in 10.5.3. but I'm never sure it's a good idea to be an early adopter - stability is what gets merit badges :thumbsup_anim: Good on you.

Ok working powermanagement was already included. I will probably not change it out unless a known better version is available and so far I have seen no evidence of such. The touchpad scrolling and such also will not be included. It is dodgy at best, I prefer to keep the main components needed working as good as possible. People are free to customize/break the install afterwards however they feel fit. The PS2 is as fixed as it can get, works perfect on all of my computers, those with issues now is usually some type of hardware incompatibility. I am reorganizing everything now so it is easier to follow since now there are options for EFI and Non-EFI.

I don't know what's going on with my erratic boots. I still suspect it has something to do with having two leopard partitions somehow confusing the bootloader, not sure.

Look forward to seeing this. I imagine 10.5.3 is going to have issues that will take a while to smooth out so probably no point in waiting for it at this stage. Good to hear you're going for what works. Not sure what happened with the last Kalyway, so many people having USB problems. Thanks for being one of the greats generating interest and, ultimately, sales for Apple. :thumbsup_anim:

By the by, with laptops is it best to remove the thermal kext? Edit:-the answer apparently, or at least during iATKOS install, is yes.

Ok just an update, I have been hard at work on this. The instant reboot for those P4 and Phenom users will be a thing of the past. I just need time to finish testing and clean up installer a bit more. I have to play with the new EFI also, if it seems to work well I will ask zef if I can integrate it. The new EFI though has no bearing on instant reboots, you still must use no EFI option.