Pioneer SATA DVD drive - Not Working

10 posts in this topic

Hi

I just intalled IATKOS - Leopard 10.5

my IDE dvd player works fine, but my pioneer dvd burner doesn't work in the Leopard

It works fine on my Win XP and Vista...

Any Ideas?

my specs:

M.B - Gigabyte DQ6

GRAPHIC CARD - GIGABYTE GFORCE 8500 NX

2 GB RAM DDR 3 - CROSSAIR

CPU - INTEL CORE 2 DOU E 6750

Hi

Thanks for the replay

when I say 'works' I mean that my DVD Player can mount DVDs' And play them.

My DVD-RW doesn't mount any DVD or playing them...

When I opens Toast and try to burn it opens a dialog box that says: "No Recorder found. Please check cables and power."

BTW - I don't know where is the system profiler, so if you you can guide me to it I'll be more than thenkfull (=

My Burner is Plagged In SATA and 'couse my power supply has only 2 sata power adapters (that goes to my 2 HDDs) - I got an IDE to SATA power adapter that connected to the burners' power.

Thats all

(=

hope you could help me

Thanks

Roi

ok, system profiler is when you go to the apple menu -> about this mac -> click on 'system profiler' then click on 'disc burning' on the left side, i get something like this:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20NS10:

Firmware Revision: EL00

Interconnect: ATAPI

Burn Support: Yes (Generic Drive Support)

Profile Path: None

Cache: 2048 KB

Reads DVD: Yes

CD-Write: -R, -RW

DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RAM, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW

Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO

Media: Insert media and refresh to show available burn speeds

also, is your sata burner detected in the bios? also is this 10.5 or 10.5.2? i know 10.5.2 has some fixed ICH8/9 drivers that let you use all the SATA ports properly, you might have to update to this (or at least the kexts from 10.5.2)

Hi

thanks

my system profiler does not see my device

it says: No burning device was found. If you are using an external device please make sure that it is connected and powered properly.

Last time I checked the BIOS saw my burner

and on my xp and vista that are installed on this computer the burner works fine..

about the kext - i can't find it - can you link me to it?

thanks

Roi

ya, the kexts you're using arent seeing all your SATA ports. i believe the ones from 10.5.2 fix this and there's also dune's patched kexts that fix this issue if you're on ICH8/9

you will have to play with the settings when you install. I used the same distro as you and it didnt find my sata dvdrw as well. I had to keep testing different things to get it to work right. Its annoying but id recommend reinstalling, testing different setups until you get it right, or use pacifist and kext help to get the right kext you need from the disk.