Leopard Compatible PC for Sale

Goz

12 posts in this topic

While its not MAC hardware it does run OSX 10.5.2 Leo vanilla with all features working.

Money is tight so I need to part with a recently built PC. Here are the specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2

CPU: E2160 Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz can be overclocked but has not.

RAM: 2GB PC6400 ADATA

HDD: SATA 500GB

DVD: SATA DVD DL

Video: NVIDIA 7xxx card. Also works with the oboard video GMA950

Case: Antec Lanboy

I'm looking for $450 shipped in the US with Paypal accepted and I will eat the fee's.

You can check my eBay feedback if curious dford_c

The PC will NOT come with OSX 10.5.2 vanilla INSTALLED.

Sorry, I haven't been around much. The bios version on the board is F4 (the latest). The 7xxx card is a 7600 but the system works well with 8xxx cards as well. The system is temporarily on hold

The E2160 will not work with Vanilla kernel. I have that CPU, and it will not run with a any Vanilla kernel.Just because it's Dual Core doesn't mean it will run a vanilla kernel.The E2160 will not work with Vanilla kernel. I have that CPU, and it will not run with a any Vanilla kernel.Just because it's Dual Core doesn't mean it will run a vanilla kernel.

Just because one version works doesn't mean the other does.

I've used a 2160 on 3 machines, and neither one has booted correctly with a Vanilla kernel, and yes EFI v8 has been used every time.

There are problems with some processors which cause them to not boot properly with a vanilla kernel.

I bought the 2160 to OC and to use Vanilla, but really using Vanilla is not a huge deal, it's not even needed.