Good internal Media Card reader?

knewsom

5 posts in this topic

and I'm gonna have oodles of 5.25 in drive bays to fill in the front of my box... can anyone recommend a good internal media card (CF/MD, MS/PRO, SD/MMC, SM, etc) reader? I mean, I already have a USB one, but it'd be nice to have it built right in.As always, thanks in advance!This one at NewEgg looks like it's fairly decent... Anyone know if it'll work in a "mac"?

Thought I'd update - the "nMEDIAPC ZE-C98 All-in-one USB 2.0 Card Reader with USB/IEEE 1394/e-SATA Port/HD Audio Ports" works like a bloody CHARM with my setup. Uses 2 USB jumpers on the mobo, 1 1394, and 1 SATA port for the esata port on the front. Pretty killer, I'm really stoked about it. It'll even read my superfast SD card from my solid-state video camera, and log and transfer works in FCP through it.

There are a few slight downsides, it's mostly plastic, but most things are these days, and the 5.25 shell it's in doesn't go all the way back, and I could only use one screw on each side when mounting it to my case rails, but these are small taters. Three extra USB ports, a firewire port, an eSata port, audio, and a card reader in one. Exactly what the Dr. ordered for my hackintosh! Next thing I'm going to do is test if the CF slot works with the new ones that the RED One camera uses.

That is not always true. XP is so far different that OS X is. My internal memory card reader doesn't work. My headphones plug doesn't work. My microphone doesn't work. Resolution change doesn't work. So please do not say broad statements. XP is built with thousands of driver built in, hence the reason it has issues. That is why OS X is so stable. It is built on one type of processor and not built for thousands of different processors.