IOPCCard worked in 10.4.4, doesn't work in 10.4.5?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Jeva Hose

Jeva Hose

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I have a Thinkpad T42p, and the PCMCIA card has worked on all releases of OS X (.1, .3, .4) until I upgraded to 10.4.5. Now when I start up I see:

IOPCCardBridge::start failed
IOPCCard notice: AdjustResourceInfo: Unknown error code 0xffffffff

Before I upgraded to 10.4.5 (when it was working) it said:

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: TI 4520 rev 01
IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: , TI 4520 rev 01
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): vendor 0x1814, device 0x0201
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): found 1 functions
IOCardBusDevice: binding socket 0 function 0 to card services.
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_config(bus 3)
IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 1: mem 0xa0002000-0xa0003fff
IOPCCard info: irq 11

I tried swapping out the 10.4.4 and 10.4.3 IOPCCardFamily.kext and rerunning the kextcache commands, but that did not help. The main reason I would like this to work is because I'm using a Belkin RT2500 card for wireless, which up to this point, has worked well for me. When I run the device application it say "No device", verifying the PCCard isn't being recognized. In 10.4.4 and before, IOPCCardBridge started up fine.

For giggles, I renamed my backup of 10.4.4 extensions to Extensions and at reboot the IOPCCard detected everything correctly... so something in my extensions directory (or a combination of things) have changed to prevent this from working. As I said before, I already swapped IOPCCardFamily, is there more to change?

What has changed from 10.4.4 to 10.4.5 to where my PCMCIA slot doesn't work anymore? Thanks for any help.

Jeva Hose

Jeva Hose

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Just wanted to update that I fixed this! Even though in my little brain it makes sense to replace IOPCCardFamily.kext since my problem was with the PC Card, I needed to replace IOPCIFamily.kext instead. So I put back the original 10.4.5 IOPCCardFamily.kext, and replaced the existing 10.4.5 IOPCIFamily.kext (version 1.9) with my older 10.4.4 one (version 1.8). Rebooted into single user mode (-s) and ran:

kextcache -e -z -a i386
kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions -z -a i386

Typed reboot and *POOF* at start up it recognized my PCMCIA slot and card correctly. I hope this information helps someone!
Good luck.

Jahbz

Jahbz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
thanx man!
Fixed my T42 too! :angel:

HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Could someone post a link to the IOPCIFamily.kext 1.8 please?

92GTA

92GTA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Mee too! My PCMCIA is working either!

Thanks!

Caronte

Caronte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Could anyone post those kexts? I also have the same problem....

thx!

lowgitek

lowgitek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Pccard not working here too.. Acer 3614 would like to test a OIption Quad 3G on it :whistle:

System i running 10.4.5

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe:not found

If possible send me other versions of kext to test it out.

elton.machado@gmail.com

Thanks

jamezH

jamezH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Same problem here an a Sony Vaio PCGFR415M.

Could someone please mail me the kext 1.8 jamezH2020@web.de

Thank you!

Shifty

Shifty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Could someone post a link to the IOPCIFamily.kext 1.8 please?

Yes pleeaase!

troisd

troisd

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Umm... guys... if your PCCard's chipset ain't TI (Texas Instrument), none of this is gonna work.

The OP said that it *was* working and then broke when he updated his system.

Ross Chang

Ross Chang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Just wanted to update that I fixed this! Even though in my little brain it makes sense to replace IOPCCardFamily.kext since my problem was with the PC Card, I needed to replace IOPCIFamily.kext instead. So I put back the original 10.4.5 IOPCCardFamily.kext, and replaced the existing 10.4.5 IOPCIFamily.kext (version 1.9) with my older 10.4.4 one (version 1.8). Rebooted into single user mode (-s) and ran:

kextcache -e -z -a i386
kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions -z -a i386

Typed reboot and *POOF* at start up it recognized my PCMCIA slot and card correctly. I hope this information helps someone!
Good luck.

Really wanted to get my PCMCIA to work... now I've downloaded the 10.4.4 installation ISO and burned to a DVD... I can't seems to find the IOPCIFamily.kext anywhere within the disc~!... Can someone enlighten me or direct me somewhere?...

Or... should any of you still have the IOPCIFamily.kext (1.8) from 10.4.4, could you drop me an attachment to ross . chang @ gmail . com [Remove Space]... thanks a mil

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
:robot: see attachment at the bottom of this posting. Thanks, Jeva Hose, for solving this riddle.

Anybody with TI (Texas Instrument) PCMCIA card controllers which do still not get recognized by your Mac OS x86 install you can visit this thread and will most likely get it working !

Cheers,
Bugs.

Attached Files

systmcrsh

systmcrsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanx Bugs! Thanx for upping that file. I recently upgraded to 10.4.8 w/ the new kernel and this files works! :2cents:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy