HP built in WEBCAM

thaialism

19 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

i tried macam....it does not work...and somehow it's not native...when i look at the system profiler, it has a USB DEVICE could that be the hp webcam....without the driver??? osx is recognizing a device but has no idea what it is???

hey sticman...those files you sent me??? can you give me instructions on how to load them? or where they go?

Many of the HP laptops have Sonix cams like mine. See my thread here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=100897

Anyway I have a partially working cam. Works frustratingly in System preferences/Accounts when you go to change your user login picture under edit you can use the cam to take a picture. Works there looks just like photobooth but open the full photobooth and NOTHING..

I also get it to work in Sonix webcam monitor but that app sucks and has no options to it. So Sticman if you got some way to make the HP cams work then I think it might help me also.

If not then why dont all of us team up on this and try to figure out how to get these cams to work in all OSX apps.

hey thaialism

i own a lenovo y300 and my laptop has the same specs as urs

my camera also isnt working like you and just shows a usb 2 camera in the sys profiler

my wifi aint working but the cable ethernet is working superfast

i wanted to ask wether your sound works?

i mean the input

coz i installed azalia audio kext

sound comes but the mic doesnt work

no input device is detected

so can you help me?

Macam wont work for me and no other third party drivers have either. That includes Iusbcam & others.

@StickMAN my cam does work natively sorta. I mean it works in Apple's PIP app, and the mini photobooth in accounts when you want to add your picture at login. It also works with my sonix camera monitor which is as useless at PIP from apple. They just allow you to see what the camera sees.

What is so pushing me to get this to work everyone is I have partially working stuff now. why cant I get ichat and photobooth when other mac apps work with my cam?

WE All need to band together and figure this out. I think its possible to get full support if we do some modding of kext or bundles or something.

How can things work for Papi Chulos :D Anyways, Ricoh made the webcam (aswell as that Flash Card reader) in dv6000 series so, macam is not only the driver but also open source :lol: maybe.... something might work if someone modifies it :)

• 2 weeks later...

yea anyone here know a way to port linux drivers to mac... or even freeBSD drivers to mac or to linux and then to mac.... cuz my HP dv9207 have ricoh webcam built in it and i can get linux drivers for it...

I made a small breakthrough with this. Seems like you guys dont read the other cam topics. I got the idea from reading a bunch of them

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=100897

Anyway apple UVC driver is the issue for most people, read the above topic and try my VDC fix. If your cam is detected under about this mac. Then you might have a good chance of getting what I figured out to work. I got photo booth to work so it does something. If not at least is shows you what files are part of the problem.

diabolic... i have been messing a ton with this... i tried all three sonix drivers with webcam monitor... but webcam monitor tells me "no video from source"...

However, while take the login picture, before installing sonix drivers it used to give me a white screen an actually take a picture of nothing... but not it tells me "camera is shut"... Also, I even tried using all programs through rosetta and it gave me no luck... I have heard iAtkos has better webcam support... so im going to try that overnight...

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
hey guys i have an hp pavillion dv6000, with 10.5.2 leopard...everything is fine except lan and webcam...i know the lan won't work until the driver is released...but are there any drivers for the built in 1.3 mp webcam???

please please please, same problem.