2 - EVGA GTX 9800 SLI

4GB (2 x 2GB) Geil eVo One 1066 RAM

2 - Samsung SATA DVD burners

2 - WD 150GB 10,000rpm Raptors (RAID 0)

1- 750 GB Samsung HD (storage)

Creative Sound Blaster Fatality Gaming sound card

1200 watt psu

USB Mose and keyboard

Im trying to get 2 9800GTX's to work in OSx86 with no luck. I have tried this tread with no luck. I could not find my second PCIe address because the 780i will not let you boot without a card in slot 1. Im going to attempt to get it in windows some how. If I sucessfully modify the strings do I still need a 9800gtx .kext? If so which one? Im thinking that on boot OSX is trying to start from the second slot not the first one.

*UPDATE* In windows I confirmed what i thought were my PCI addresses:

First card: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Second Card: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

I tried this tutorial with no luck. OSX locks up when launching the GUI. Am i Missing a kext for the 9800GTX or is a kext not needed with this tutorial?

I dont need both cards to work as I only have 1 monitor but I do need both cards in with the SLI bridge in place for my windows install.

Thanks ahead of time to who ever help me :)

*Super Edit!!!!*

Yea got it to work but im only using 1 card as I only have 1 Monitor :whistle: Very very happy now -_- Ill poswt back on how i did it but is used GFX stings but only 1 sting for the primary card!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hello.

I would like to install two GeForce 8400Gs.

Is this possible?

we need to change any file?

installed individually operated,

with the OS crashes

os. iDeneb 10.5.5

NVinject 0.2.1

MB Intel Extreme series DP45SG

tks!!

hello.

I would like to install two GeForce 8400Gs.

Is this possible?

we need to change any file?

installed individually operated,

with the OS crashes

os. iDeneb 10.5.5

NVinject 0.2.1

MB Intel Extreme series DP45SG

tks!!

• 2 months later...
Hello - I have an Asus p5q pro motherboard and asus 9800 gtx+ video card. I have snow leopard installed - what kext should i use for this?

i would go here and read up on how to add a GFX string here Aquamac Forums. works for me i have the same card. Although i am having trouble with the software update 10.6.1. its seems to make my OS think my card is a (look below). I am not sure why. I did a fresh install with out adding the gfx string to test and low and behold the same below result. Even if i add the gfx string after the fact i can not get this to change and i lose all the openGL features etc. For now i would suggest not updating to 10.6.1 . I will be rolling back to 10.6.0 for now. i hope this gets fixed in the future.

ATI Radeon HD 4870:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4870

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 32 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0612

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

ATI Radeon HD 4870:

Name: ATY,Motmot

Type: display

Driver Installed: Yes

Bus: PCI

Slot: Slot-1

Vendor ID: 0x10de

Device ID: 0x0612

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1043

Subsystem ID: 0x8286

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

Ok i think i know what it is. Its not the update. I jumped the gun on that statement It seems there was a Kext(AppleRTC.kext i think this is the one.) That was changing the gfx card info. I reinstalled one kext at a time. its was as painful as you would think. i was able to simulate this issues with a second set up. So i think its a kext issues although i am not sure why it would chance that and override the com.apple.boot files GFX string.

• 1 month later...

Hi Aquamac,

After an intensive two month’s reading around this site, and some others, I managed to complete various installations the past week and I’m successfully between two distributions of 10.5.6 on a ASUS P5E motherboard. I also went through your instructions at aquamac.proboards.com and all went well. It’s unbelievable your input (and the rest of the guys), great work!!!

I just need some help to the following questions and although I’m straight in to deep water, I believe I’ll manage.

1. As most devices nowadays come with PCIe interface which I’d like to have it available (I have a DAW setup for music), I wonder if your instructions regarding dual graphics cards, can be applied to the PCI (not PCIe) interface on my P5E as I only use 2D graphics and I don’t need anything spectacular? I’m after XFX GeForce PCI 6200_512MB DDR2 Standard (PV-T44B-YAH2)

2. If I can apply it, how do I do it please and do I need to use the patched IOPCCardFamily and IOPCIFamily driver from Slice and Chun-nan?

…and finally…

3. Whatever I’ll have to do from your advice is that applicable to a retail install as well? I’m planning to end up with a retail install eventually.

Many thanks in advance, regardless if there is an answer to my questions or not.

• 1 month later...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Wow.

I went so many routes... DSDT mods, failed EFI string attempts, found a Japanese site that gave me crucial information about my card that didn't pan out.

In the end, I just had to move my PCIe card to the 8x lane slot and my PCI card is fine where it is. I can't boot from PEG or PEG2 but booting from PCI works perfectly.

I ended up using AquaMac's steps from the AquaMac blog/site ... they were the most helpful and straightforward instructions (although I got so much help from Kdawg and DigitalDJ's wisdom along the way). Only discovered this insanelymac thread just now.

May try KDawg's trick for modifying DSDT to boot from PEG1 (or in my case PEG2 since I can only boot from PCI) but I'm not sure what advantage this affords and I couldn't get it working before so... I think I'm going to use my remaining energy to continue overclocking rather than figure this out :D Sounds like booting from PEG2/PCI (at least on this Gigabyte board) is the way to go.

I'm just thrilled to have 3+ monitor bliss.

BOOM!

thanks much Aqua et al!

~roni

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks for this thread, aquamac's and Grant Pannell's blog post for (finally!) getting my dual GTX 285 to work on SL 10.6.2!

I didn't even have to set PEG2 since I edited my DSDT.aml according to Pannell's guide and it worked flawlessly. Now I can have SLI on Windows 7 and not have to remove one card to boot SL.

All these on a GA X48-DS4!

post-12677-1262448826_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I also managed to get 2xGTX285's on SL 10.6.2 :)

Did exactly what Tristan did as well.

My hardware:

Gigabyte X58-UD5 BIOS F9m

2 x BFG GTX285 1GB

My PCI roots are (if it helps at all):

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x7,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

post-240462-1263436187_thumb.png

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I could really use your help. I've literally been working on this hackintosh for 3 weeks straight, as much time as I can every evening. So I have the GA-45-UD3P, NVIDIA 120 GT (I've come to learn its the rebranded NVIDIA 9500 GT), and I also have an actual 9500GT. So I performed the Lifehackers guide to a snow leopard, and everything is great, in-fact its amazing. Seeing how fast this is, even comparing to my i7 Macbook Pro is incredible. What I am struggling with is enabling dual graphics cards. I know there are so many posts on this subject, but I have done everything I feel I can to work on this situation. Let me explain whats going on. So I have my system see 2 9500GT. Everything works with each card independantly. I get full resolution, etc, the graphics are working just fine. With both cards, dual display works as well. System profiler sees both cards as well, but for the life of me I cannot get both cards to work. They work find independantly. Any help is appreciated, I really want to be able to use more than 2 monitors. Ive become so desperate that i bout the Matrox Triple head 2 go, but Its not working to my advantage. I have a 24 LED with mini display, so thats why i have the 120 gt. Please guys, any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

I'm running two 8800 gtx's in sli on a 680i and I sware I managed to get it to work before with nvinject (ver 2.0 in the plist), but the 10.6.4 update broke QE support and I cant seem to replicate the results. I'm on 10.6.2 right now and was wonder if anyone knows if this will work for SL. I'll post my results when I'm done in case anyones interested. The 8800's and the 9800's are fairly close as far as I know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm from Rio de Janeiro, my name is Paul. I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to make two strings to use Nvidia 9600 GT in SLI. I have two video cards and would like to hablitar three monitors on my Hackintosh. I tried this method, however, the second card is all stained with the screen! What can be? Help me please!

My machine is an intel Core i7 920, intel Motherboard DX58SO, 4 sticks of OCZ 2GB memory. Thanks!

Snow Leopard 10.6.4!