Aluminum Keyboard Firmware Update 1.0

21 posts in this topic

So can you confirm if the keyboard works on a 10.5.2 Hackintosh and on Vista after applying the update or not? Because thats what I'm asking.

Works fine on mine after the update in OS X, linux, WinXP, and FreeBSD. I haven't yet fouled any of my systems with Vista, but my guess is it should be fine. The update is to the firmware in the keyboard, what OS you have it plugged into shouldn't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

"About Aluminum Keyboard Firmware Update 1.0

With its elegant anodized aluminum enclosure, the Apple Keyboard looks equally at home in your living room or on your desk. Start enjoying the crisp, responsive feel of its low-profile keys.

Learn more about Apple Keyboards.

What’s New in this Version

This firmware update addresses an issue with the aluminum Apple Keyboard and the aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard where a key may repeat unexpectedly while typing. The update also addresses other issues. Mac OS X 10.5.2 is required before installing this update.

The update package will install an updater application into the Applications/Utilities folder and will launch it automatically.

Connect your aluminum Apple Keyboard before following the instructions in the updater application to complete the update process.

If you are installing from a MacBook or a MacBook Pro, your computer's power cord must be connected and plugged into a working power source. "

Taken from apple.com

Well, since thats out of the way... I never had this problem to start... Soooooo... Guess I dont need this update.

Aluminum Keyboard corded.

• 2 weeks later...

yea, had this problem here several times while programming -> "This firmware update addresses an issue with the aluminum Apple Keyboard and the aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard where a key may repeat unexpectedly while typing."

the firmware update worked fine and fixed that issue on my hack

This is a little OT, but my Apple Wireless Keyboard (the aluminium one) stopped working after the batteries went dead. I can't pair it anymore (I removed the paired keyboard because I didn't realize the batteries were dead).

Now, after replacing the batteries, when I try to pair, I am asked to enter the key on my keyboard. As soon as I hit Enter, my HardwareGrowler says "Bluetooth Device connected", circle starts circling and nothing happens. About thirty seconds later, "Bluetooth Device Disconnected" appears and MacOS tells me pairing was unsuccessful.

Ironically the Keyboard works fine in Windows, including (re-)pairing.

Has anyone experienced anything like that or even a solution for it?

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I don't seem too offtopic, but I've got the Aluminum Keyboard (corded) and on my ASUS P5K Deluxe Wifi AP motherboard (with most up to date BIOS) whenever it's plugged in, it makes the BIOS POST hang indefinitely. I can wait for Leopard to boot all the way first, THEN plug the keyboard in, and it works fine, but that's a pain!

Anyone else had an issue like this? I think it has something to do with the integrated USB hub in the keyboard.

Damnit i have the exact problem and also on a p5k deluxe WiFi. This blows, it was working just fine before this update, now i can't use this keyboard with a PC. Gonna mess with some bios settings and i'll get back to you guys. Hope someone finds a fix...

• 3 months later...