IOAPIC: Version 0X20 vector 0:23

KingOfWar

17 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...

I too have this problem. I have successfully had 10.5.4 (Leo4All) running on a Dell Latitude D830 with everything working except my mute button (which means no complaints). No I am trying to install 10.5.5 using the iDeneb ISO and I get the IOAPIC error when running the disc. Anyone finding a solution would be very appreciated.

I've been fighting with this for the past week myself. Brand new XPS M1330 and all I've done was taken the base system and added a 250GB hard drive in it for a dual boot. I can not install any version of 10.5.4 that I have gotten my hands on. I have a version of iAtok 10.5.2 that I can boot up the installer, and load the OS... but as everyone reads it doesn't work on an XPS M1330, well anyway. So I downloaded iDeneb's version, then Jas OSX86, and waiting to track down a DVD DL to try the HoTTT version I found. Like I said the 10.5.2 gives me no errors just the blinking cursor after the install. The 10.5.4 locks up at the IOAPIC: Version 0X20 vector 0:23

New error for a newer version setup? But I am the new guy and until I get a better idea I'm stuck. I know I got 10.5.2 correctly installed on my Acer Aspire 5610.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm also getting this problem when trying the iDeneb 10.5.5 dvd on a Dell XPS m1730. iAtkos 10.5.4 installed with no problems.

Anyone got a solution for this yet please ?

Thanks

Kevin

Yeah use a known working version of the software and do updates from there. I know it sucks, I would love to be able to install straight 10.5.5 (I have the same iDeneb copy) but I haven't foudn much. Actually I'm still stuck with having to use a 10.5.2 copy and try to upgrade. Working with  Mysticus C* to figure out why I loose my keyboard and mouse after using his Pre/Post 10.5.5 Combo update. Check out http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102 to do the upgrade from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5, maybe it will work better for you.

~PSSW3

• 3 weeks later...
Has nobody got any suggestions on this please ?

Thanks

Yeah find a version that works from you and go from there. I seem to only be able to successfully boot the installer disc from Leo4all v3 and start with 10.5.2 and have to work up from there. It's a task, but it works. I think it's just one of those things on how the bootloader for the install disc was made. Some hardware it works with, some it doesn't. I found my Acer Aspire 5610 was more Mac compatible out of the box than my XPS. But the XPS is a WAY cooler machine to play with.

It sucks, but once you except it and move on life gets a lot better. I was so mad when I first started this two months ago. But now that my Mac is running (well will be when I get my mind made up on how I want to boot the thing), I'm a lot happier!

~PSSW3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried -v cpus=2 and now I get a KP.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x0040352B): "ACPI: AcpiOsFree"@/Volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-1228/iokit/Kernel/IOLib.cpp:724

[Lots of hex addresses]

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.0.3)@0x54df200->0x54e28fff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.4.1)@0x54d95000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.2.0)@0x54dab000

[...]

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0 [...] ToH

This is with both iDeneb 10.5.5 and JaS 10.5.4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys - I have a Dell Precision M2300, getting exactly the same kernel panic as matt..

Weird thing is I couldn't get it to boot, then upgraded the bios from A02 to A08 and booted into the install screen with "-v cpus=2" but now for some reason it won't?

Any ideas?

Matt - how did you solve your issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

• 2 months later...
Hi guys - I have a Dell Precision M2300, getting exactly the same kernel panic as matt..

Weird thing is I couldn't get it to boot, then upgraded the bios from A02 to A08 and booted into the install screen with "-v cpus=2" but now for some reason it won't?

Any ideas?

Matt - how did you solve your issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I get this error

[b]IOAPIC[/b]: [b]Version 0X20 vector 0:23[/b]

It happend after I made some User Accounts (Correct me if im wrong but I was not supposed to? I just forgot)

What should I do?

boot option of "-v noapic cpus=2" works for me everytime. I use ipc distro.