Apple Wireless Card inside my PC

Tin_man_0

2 posts in this topic

So I was waiting for the intel 3945 drivers to work and got restless and tired and one day just for the hell of it I decided to open my intel mac mini that we had at the office. To my supprise I saw what looked identical to my 3945 and I pulled it out... it had the apple logo and all, it also said atheros at the top, just for curiosity sake I open up my gateway laptop (with osx and vista installed) and I put in the card and rebooted. Vista automatically detected and installed drivers, then I rebooted and Mac wifi fully working, no patching not network selector it just worked! - I put it back and then I go over to the apple store and tried as hard as I can to explain to the salesman what I wanted but he kept on handing me the air extreme card and I knew by the shape that it wasn't going to work, so I finaly found someone who knew what I was talking about and he said that what I wanted was a "G5" wireless card. He hands it too me and this time it's a Broadcom model. Once again I put it it and vuala! wirelss fully working and for only $50