Use multimedia keys in OSX

7 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have a Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 keyboard, which feature some multimedia and multifunction keys. The keys for volume and play/pause works perfectly with iTunes, but is there a way to get the other keys to work, for example the Home, Search, Mail, Next/Prev song/page?

Thanks!

Use Butler, you can set any action with it.

I have the same problem with Logitech S510 keboard (very sleek and not pricey at all). Many special keys like function keys dont work. Its S530 version is Mac version but is costly with same exact layout (apparently just for being a mac version) and its control center software does not work on S510.

Will I be able to use Butler or any other software to get functions? I was able to use SteerMourse for the logitech mouse but havent found anything generic good for the keyboard functions.

I have never used Butler. Downloaded it. Can you help initiating me where I could look for since evidently Butler and QuickSilver are meant for other broader launch purposes rather than getting keyboard keys to work. I will appreciate your help. Thanks.

Use Butler, you can set any action with it.

Okey, I've downloaded this Butler application, but I really can't figure out how it's going to help me. I can find how to bind a certain key-combination to an action (for ex. Next track in iTunes), but this function only recognises the "normal" keyboard keys that's on all normal keyboards. It can't recon my special keys that are unique for this keyboard ;)

• 6 months later...
Okey, I've downloaded this Butler application, but I really can't figure out how it's going to help me. I can find how to bind a certain key-combination to an action (for ex. Next track in iTunes), but this function only recognises the "normal" keyboard keys that's on all normal keyboards. It can't recon my special keys that are unique for this keyboard :(

same here

any solution for this nonapple keyboards ?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...