ATI FireGL V3100 10.5.2? Leo4allv2

djmatix

7 posts in this topic

So i've managed to dual boot my desktop with vista/osx, very cool! Leopard runs very nice with my setup:

ABIT AN8 Ultra (sata and ide work perfectly using nforce4)

Linksys WMP54GS (right out of the box using forcedeth)

AMD FX-60 Processor

SoundBlaster Audigy2 (doesnt work)

ATI FireGL v3100 PCI-e 128mb (works but only at 1024x768, no CI/QE)

So i've been tearing through google search, this board, and others and I just cant seem to find anyone who has gotten this card to work properly. I have its device ID, but I keep tossing my leopard install trying all these different things I find. It only takes about 30 mins to re-install (and i've gotten it down to a science now) but i've finally decided to post a topic about this. Does 10.5.2 support all these kext fixes i'm reading about? Alot have to do with Tiger, or are from a while ago, which is probably why I keep messing up my leopard installs.

I'd appreciate any help, or a point in the right direction on how to get my video card working fully. I'm very computer literate, and have picked up a little apple terminal during this whole quest, so feel free to be technical. Thanks!

Oh and the device ID is 5b64 (ATI FireGL V3100)

• 2 months later...

i have ati firegl V3400

On leopard i have the same problems

On tiger with JAs10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 PPFF1 PPFF2 all was and the driver ( 10.4.8.ATI.Radeonx1x00.pcie.support.pkg) all was fine

Now im searcing too to get my card work

If you know something let me know

My friend Krazubu any ideas in Fire gl V3400 in leopard?

Help us what can we do?

i have a V3350 and it works with the auto natit.kext -- you must only search a consumer card with the GPU rv 515 maybee its same like v7200..

so you must serach in the kext , v7200 and change you vendor id..

load with kext autoloader. turn off machine ! turn on machine... works..

p.s: my v3350 works fine but no QE etc..