Building a macbook pro

Webster

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

after seeing all these moding projects etc.. I finally started my own, I'm planning on building a macbook pro. I already got the 15" case for 40 euros, would it be a difficult task to build one from original apple parts?

Also, do you guys know some good stores for apple parts? Or have some parts yourself and willing to sell them.

Kind regards,

Robin

its because they don't have bunch of other company making them for Apple, ex. PC hardware over a dozen companies make them, apple only them so i guess thats why, same with their Apple Computers

Your better off just buying a new one. Displays at iFix it are 999.95 and the logic boards are the same price (For the previous generation santa rosa platform) , super drives are about 200 hard drives are another 150-200 a battery is 200 the magsafe is 60

bringing the grand total to about 2700...

EDIT i forgot a few more things... you have to buy the wireless card, the left IO board, the fans, screws, the PRAM battery, bluetooth board, ambient light sensors, the bluetooh antenna, speakers, the thermal sensors and other little cables...

it would cost more to build from parts than it would to buy a new, current one..

New grand total... $3410 not including shipping or tax give or take

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...