ericssonboi

7 posts in this topic

The Apple Macintosh PowerBook G3/400, codenamed Lombard

400 MHz PowerPC 750 (G3) processor

192 MB of RAM

6.0 GB hard drive

ATI Rage LT Pro video controller in a thin black portable case

14.1" TFT color display.

The PowerBook G3/400 is approximately 20% thinner than earlier PowerBook G3 models, have longer battery life, and a "bronze" keyboard, in addition to faster processors.

Comes with:

G3 Lombard Powerbook

Power adapter

SCSI Cable

OS 8.6 Install disc

Extras include Firewire PC Card.

Battery life ... approximately 2hrs.

I originally received this with OS 9, and wanted to install OS X on it.

But i can't get it going so its up for sale.

Price: $400 CDN Shipped.

NOTE:F6 key is loose and does not stick on and not reflected in pictures.

181389.jpg

18138234.jpg

181382342.jpg

18138423423.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Certain earlier PowerPc CPU's for the Lombard cannot run OSX. I have one lombard running 10.4.5 fine while another with an older revision CPU can only run OS 9. There is a program that checks the revision number.

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/G3CARDS/PPCchecker/

A 2.2 revision Lonestar will not run OSX. Revision 3 is OK. I've seen a report of someone who ran OSX on a Rev 2.2 with 256mb RAM only on the bottom slot. Nothing in the top slot.

On some ebay auctions for lombard CPU's, it will state whether it has been OSX tested.

Both Lombards we have were built from about half a dozen broken Lombards from ebay!!!

The lombard hard drive was plugged into a G4, 10.4.1 installed a long time ago. Then applied 10.4.3 updates Last week I applied the 10.4.4 and 10.4.5 updates from the update application.

On 10.4.5 you should disable Spotlight with Spotless 1.3 or the system will constantly access the harddrive to index making the computer unusable!!