eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[sSE2/SSE3]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Notes

This is a release I created for my own use. I have an AMD and an Intel computer

and wanted to simplify the install. I have made it with max compatability in

mind, but your mileage may vary. All original Languages are included.

Install Notes

The system is setup by default to boot in Verbose mode. You can change this yourself if you want in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist. I included BBEdit with the applications, it can edit the file in place with correct permissions.

During the DVD bootup if your stuck at "waiting for root device" I am sorry your hardware is probably not supported. You can try changing some options in your BIOS, maybe you get lucky.

If you get error com.apple.boot.plist not found your DVD is most likely bad, burn it again at a lower speed.

If you have an AMD system please check the box for AMD-System-Fix to aplly the patches needed for Leopard to work!!

AHCI works, but you are limited to two drives, turn this off if you have more than 2 drives you need to access.

If you have an older computer with limited options in the BIOS(ACPI/APIC) and you are able to install but when you boot the freshly installed O/S you are stuck just after ACPI loads, try installing with the APIC-Fix checked. This will install an Older ACPIPlatform and APIC for better compatability.

Video Driver support is very hit or miss, please install first without it. You can easily add this yourself afterwards.

The EFI bootloader automatically detects and installs for MBR/GUID thanks to Dense, it may have specific problems for Bad-Axe 2 systems.

Please select your IDE/SATA chipset during install.(One and only one!)

Default selection for kernel is Netkas improved 9.2.0. If you select Vanilla kernel please uncheck Netkas kernel.

If during the inital account creation your system locks up, try disabling your Network card.

If you installed Video drivers during install(not recommended) and your system freezes before the desktop loads, boot with -s and remove the Video kexts.

If after you boot to the desktop you get an error about an Extension not being properly installed open the Application I included called Extensions-Repair to correct this automatically.

There is no way to support everyone as the drivers are just not available. If this does not work for you I am sorry. I will give what support I can and I am sure others with knowledge will too.

Please read the above comments before asking questions as many of the common issues are covered here.

UPDATE-- Wiki information is slowly going up HERE

UPDATE-2 PPFv1 is now available for you enjoyment.

New Leo4All.ISO MD5 checksum after applying the patch should be:

293f82f9624eadd49baee70e19d68adc

Changes/Fixes:

Fixed the Keyboard Language preferences.

Fixed AsianLanguagesSupport(I hope!) Please leave feedback.

Fixed "About this Mac" crashing Finder on some AMD machines. Again leave feedback if it is still crashes for you.

Improved Nvidia graphics support with updated kexts. Even my 8800 GTS 512 works with these. Still try at your own risk.

Added a script that is installed to the root of you directory called RemoveVideo. With this you can easily remove the video kexts should a problem arise. Simply boot into single user mode with the bootflag -s at the Darwin prompt. Type:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
./RemoveVideo

Then type exit to continue booting.

If you choose no video driver options all video kext's are removed except ATINDRV.kext, this one is used by Software Updates to verify the Leopard Graphics update is applied. You will have to manually remove this one if needed.

Optimized directory structure and repaired prebindings to help seek times for some people. Should be a little quicker now.

Feel free to Donate here

This is only a topic for the release and install notes, in addition to any further issues you encounter. The last thread was mainly opened for beta testers like me only. Now that the release is final, eddie11c is placing the torrent somewhere (which I can't disclose) and will be available on this thread when ever a user sees a problem.

You'd forget the torrent or download link? or is this topic just for the release- and install notes? :)ps, sorry this may be a n00bish question but i don't really understand it :D
Wow, you and I nearly posted at the same time, lol. =) :D
These are the official install notes for the release. There will never be a link here to such software as that is against the rules.

just started downloading and cant wait to give it a try. Good work eddie. quick question everytime i burn a dvd and boot up the mac os installation the screen is very distorted and can hardly read, ive been able to see just enough to pick the right things, any suggestions? you seem to know what your talking about

Try to play with the settings of your monitor. If this doesn't help, boot the DVD again, and see what happens. =)

just started downloading and cant wait to give it a try. Good work eddie. quick question everytime i burn a dvd and boot up the mac os installation the screen is very distorted and can hardly read, ive been able to see just enough to pick the right things, any suggestions? you seem to know what your talking about

Try to play with the settings of your monitor. If this doesn't help, boot the DVD again, and see what happens. =)
well see the thing is ive burned about 3 or 4 different versions, kaly, iatkos, brazilmac, and every single one was the same way. would the buttons on the actualy moniter help me out at all? sorry im a bit new to this. thank you for baring with me

Sounds like a common problem people have with built in graphics and laptops. Are you using either of these?

Sounds like a common problem people have with built in graphics and laptops. Are you using either of these?
Im using a bone stock dell dimension 300

Dell Dimension 3000

Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller

Intel Corporation

Display Memory: 96.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3762 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

I'm having a feeling that your onboard integrated graphics controller can be the culprit.

Im using a bone stock dell dimension 300

Dell Dimension 3000

Intel Corporation

Display Memory: 96.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3762 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Thing is, have you found a working .kext that you can patch in before you boot the installation DVD. I don't know if this is possible, but may be you can inject that kext before you begin the startup installation DVD boot process. Worth a try. Never had to do this though.

well that sucks thanks you for your help though, i just cheked my driver and its from 03 theres a new one from 05 think that will make any difference?

Thing is, have you found a working .kext that you can patch in before you boot the installation DVD. I don't know if this is possible, but may be you can inject that kext before you begin the startup installation DVD boot process. Worth a try. Never had to do this though.
if i knew how to do that i would love to try

nice i run leopard 10.5.1 on vmware workstation take a look

How did you manage to get it to run on vmware? I heard it was not possible.

All, I'm seeding too. As soon as you download this please seed it because there are only a few of us currently with the whole thing downloaded. Thanks.

Thats amazing, but only if I was still a Windows Supporter.

nice i run leopard 10.5.1 on vmware workstation take a look

well that sucks thanks you for your help though, i just cheked my driver and its from 03 theres a new one from 05 think that will make any difference?

You could also try forcing the graphics mode up. At the Darwin prompt type "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32"

Still no go on the dvd installer. It gives me the same gray screen. I think it added new errors to the end of the string so tomorrow I will get some screen shots for you. I tried disabling legacy usb and the onboard lan but that resulted in a 'still waiting for root device'. I also found out that the enable/disable LAN from bios only turns on/off the wired network connection not the wired one. I'm not sure if moving the slider on the side of the case to turn off the WIFI will actually disable it or just kill the power to it. Idk anymore.

Hallo guy's!

I am busy with the torrent upping and downing ;)

As I have tried different installations none of them worked on my laptop.. I tried:, kalyway 10.5.1, Jas tiger 10.4.8, iatkos 1,0 etc etc.

After i insert my disk it says: darwin x86 and something about Nvidia and when i press f8 and -v for example it gives me the whole time the same error: 'system config file /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist not found'

I hope it works with this release!

My system is:

-Sony Vaio FZ31M

-Intel core 2 duo T7250

-Mobile Intel® PM965 Express-chipset

-2048 DDR 2 RAM

-Serial ATA hard disk of 200 GB

-NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M GT GPU

Someone an idea whether it will work or not?

PS: I burned the disk at lowest speed possible

lol, :)

I see, I did not try that till now, going to do that then.. If not I can always get my money back ;)

lol, ;)

I work in that shop :) hehe

Does anyone know, if it is a must to have the ahci function on or off? Because my sony vaio bios is very limited, I can not change much.. Very strange. Since the laptop is just a month old I dont want to void the waranty because of a bios-hack.

So is it a must to have the ahci function on/off?

Just to check up on this, I was wondering if it works with a Pentium 4 processor? I know I've had problems with leopard because iATKOS and Kalway offer the Vanilla Kernel that fixes the problem, but the vanilla kernel is not compatible with P4's.

OK to answer a few of the questions, it will work with an P4. Just choose Netkas 9.2.0 kernel if the Vanilla kernel does not work for you. AHCI can be on or off. But remember with it on you can only see 2 drives in Leopard, as it is a current limitation in the driver that is not open source. So I would recommend you turn it off.

Thanks for your time on this Eddie, hoping to get it working on my Dell (though I'm mainly a Mac user really, got MBs & Minis around the place & at work). Are you able to talk about the best place to get the image from to use & help seed it?