Medion 96630 with Nvidia 9300 Go

Telefunken

26 posts in this topic

I have just bought a Medion 96630 notebook because of its excellent price/feature ratio: E 699 for Dual Core 1.6, 3 GB memory, 160 GB sata HD , 9300 Go with HDMI, e-Sata connector and such. (No firewire, alas)

I managed to install iAtkos' 10.5.1 Leopard release with ToH kernel 9.1.0. There was no QE/CI at first, the installed NVInject v1.3 from iAtkos's DVD had to be removed for the laptop to boot to the desktop in the first place. Performance was very erratic and not smooth at all.

I decided to install NVInstaller v.32 9C30 kexts from http://scottdangel.com's website. It gave me full 1280x800 and QE/CI according to System Profiler. Unfortunately, performance is still very erratic and even worse than before. Menu's take forever to open for instance.

Where should I start looking for causes, clues and remedies to make this laptop perform better? Should I start editing NVDANV50 and NVDAResman kexts?

Should I remove some specific laptop kexts such as throttling and power management?

Anybody have positive or negative experiences with laptops in this price class?

Thanks.

I'm going out on a limb here, as I haven't delved into this extensively, but on his blog, even the LATEST version available for download says it's got support for NVidia series 8 cards (ie the 8300 8400 8600 and 8800). Does it specifically SAY Somewhere that you should have full support for series 9x00 cards?

Well, I was surprised the 9C30 nVidia kexts loaded at all, booted to the desktop and didn't throw an error at me.

I have rebooted the laptop a few times since, and on one occasion the desktop, dock and user interaction was smooth as a whistle, F9, F10, F11 and F12 graphic effects, screen saver worked just like on my stationary hack and I thought I was settled.

On next reboot the desktop was slow and unresponsive as ever before again and menu's don't even display text on first opening, making selection almost impossible

System Profiler still shows Graphics by NVidia, PCIe, 16 lanes, 128 MB, Device 0x042e, Revision 0x00a1, ROM revision NVinject 0.2.1 by johnniecarcinogen installer.

System Profiler still shows Display 1280 x 800, 32 bit color, Core Image hardware accelerated, QE Supported etc.

GeForce 1.5.24, NVDANV50Hal 1.5.24, NVDAResman 1.5.24, NVinject 0.2.1 kexts are loaded without errors in the Console.

I suppose therefor the 9300 Go is recognized but not initiated properly, the acceleration features are not accelerated save for this one instance a few reboots ago.

Open GL effects are unbearably slow, DVD Player does play, so I suppose there is a possibility I might make things work by working a few plists or whatever.

I would like to know however if this is a CPU, GPU or OS problem, I would like to have some information on CPU speed to rule out the possibility of a CPU throttled too low, since the notebook runs mouse quiet and there is hardly any warm air coming from the exhaust grille.

Any suggestions and or help in troubleshooting are most welcome.

There are of course the slow shutdown and reboot, no wake up from sleep, no hibernation, no audible audio despite System Preferences saying there is, wireless and express card still to attend to later, but video and performance first.

01-03-2008: Lo and behold!!

On the last reboot I have a fluid and smooth desktop again! DVD player is fully accelerated !!! I suppose this 9300M G can be made to work!

Menu's are still blank on first opening, so I still cannot make a screenshot ...

After about a dozen reboots I can testify that I have some sort of graphics acceleration every 5 reboots or so. Even then the Open GL performance of the Flurry screensaver seems a little slower than on my BadAxe hack but the desktop is responsive, DVD Player works.

On every other reboot the desktop is sluggish and all acceleration seems to be done in software only, as the Dock is very slow.

Will try installing Kalyway's 10.5.2 update and see if that at least helps the menu display problems.

I am still working on making this cheap laptop working as good as possible under OSX.

I learned from some other web sites that the 9300M is derived from the 84/6xx series, with a G86 core, so no generation 9 core and hence the success with 10.5.2 nVidia kexts.

Update 02-03-2008: Have installed Kalyway's 10.5.2 update but remained on ToH's 9.1.0 kernel for the moment.

On first boot after upgrade I do seem to have full CI/QE and the still recurring blank menu's.

On every next reboot I have gotten full CI/QE every time so far.

I have run XBench v1.3 and the computer got a 84.16 total score. Quartz Graphics score was 103.13.

Have installed ToH's 9.2.0 kernel, menu problems persist.

XBench score has gone up to 94.41, Quartz Graphics now is 113.44. I don't know how this compares to other laptops with identical specifications.

Geekbench score is 2044 which is amongst the top for this processor.

These blank menu's are the most annoying obviously and need to be resolved immediately.

Is this graphics related or OS related?

Don't know where to start looking into this really. Any help would be most appreciated.

When I remove nvInject v2.1 the problem disappears, but I am stuck with fully accelerated 1024x768 desktop.

The battery/power indicator is gone from the menu bar, so probably some kext was removed or failed to load after the update to 10.5.2/9.2.0

Sound needs to be solved.

Wireless needs to be solved.

Express Card needs to be solved.

Hi there !

I'm currently installing Leopard on the same Medion laptop you have. I didn't find any name on it but the graphics are the same (and it's also cheap).

I guess you need the 9.2.0 kernel to make the latest Nvinject work great. I'm currently trying on a iATKOS install that i will update to 10.5.2 by my self (my own wy to do it is to install it from an other computer then remove the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagment.kext and replace others...).

By the way could you tell me the chipsets of :

-wireless

-audio

eSata

EDIT : I have the same problem you have with blank menues... looking for a solution too :blink:

OpenGLResults

Report :

Rendereur: NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine
Fournisseur: NVIDIA Corporation
Mémoire: 128 MO
Version: 2.0 NVIDIA-1.5.24
Version GLSL: 1.20				   
Max. nombre de sources lumineuses8
Taille Max. Vue 8192 x 8192
Max. taille texture 8192 x 8192
Max. anisotropie 16
Max. échantillons 0
Max. draw buffers: 8
Max. texture coords 8
Max. vertex tex. image units: 16

Extensions: 109

GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil
GL_APPLE_client_storage
GL_APPLE_element_array
GL_APPLE_fence
GL_APPLE_float_pixels
GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range
GL_APPLE_flush_render
GL_APPLE_object_purgeable
GL_APPLE_packed_pixels
GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer
GL_APPLE_specular_vector
GL_APPLE_texture_range
GL_APPLE_transform_hint
GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object
GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range
GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators
GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422
GL_ARB_depth_texture
GL_ARB_draw_buffers
GL_ARB_fragment_program
GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow
GL_ARB_fragment_shader
GL_ARB_half_float_pixel
GL_ARB_imaging
GL_ARB_multisample
GL_ARB_multitexture
GL_ARB_occlusion_query
GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object
GL_ARB_point_parameters
GL_ARB_point_sprite
GL_ARB_shader_objects
GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod
GL_ARB_shading_language_100
GL_ARB_shadow
GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp
GL_ARB_texture_compression
GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
GL_ARB_texture_env_add
GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar
GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
GL_ARB_texture_float
GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat
GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
GL_ARB_texture_rectangle
GL_ARB_transpose_matrix
GL_ARB_vertex_blend
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
GL_ARB_vertex_program
GL_ARB_vertex_shader
GL_ARB_window_pos
GL_ATI_separate_stencil
GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3
GL_ATI_texture_float
GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once
GL_EXT_abgr
GL_EXT_bgra
GL_EXT_bindable_uniform
GL_EXT_blend_color
GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate
GL_EXT_blend_func_separate
GL_EXT_blend_minmax
GL_EXT_blend_subtract
GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint
GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test
GL_EXT_draw_range_elements
GL_EXT_fog_coord
GL_EXT_framebuffer_object
GL_EXT_geometry_shader4
GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters
GL_EXT_gpu_shader4
GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays
GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil
GL_EXT_rescale_normal
GL_EXT_secondary_color
GL_EXT_shadow_funcs
GL_EXT_stencil_two_side
GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1
GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
GL_EXT_texture_env_add
GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
GL_EXT_texture_integer
GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias
GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp
GL_EXT_texture_rectangle
GL_EXT_texture_sRGB
GL_EXT_transform_feedback
GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip
GL_NV_blend_square
GL_NV_depth_clamp
GL_NV_fog_distance
GL_NV_fragment_program2
GL_NV_fragment_program_option
GL_NV_light_max_exponent
GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint
GL_NV_point_sprite
GL_NV_register_combiners
GL_NV_register_combiners2
GL_NV_texgen_reflection
GL_NV_texture_shader
GL_NV_texture_shader2
GL_NV_texture_shader3
GL_NV_vertex_program2_option
GL_NV_vertex_program3
GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap
GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp
GL_SGIS_texture_lod

Extensions du noyau OpenGL
v1.1 (100 % - 7/7)
v1.2 (100 % - 8/8)
v1.3 (100 % - 9/9)
v1.4 (100 % - 15/15)
v1.5 (100 % - 3/3)
v2.0 (100 % - 10/10)
v2.1 (100 % - 3/3)

Vérification de la version de pilotes OpenGL (Actuelle: 2.0 NVIDIA-1.5.24, Dernière: ):
Dernière version des pilotes graphiques détécté
Selon la base de données, vous avez la dernière version des pilotes pour votre carte graphique.

Support du 'tableau compilé de sommets'.
Cette extension améliore les performances OpenGL en utilisant la mémoire vidéo pour les transformations de sommet.

Support du multitexture support.
Cette extension accélère les rendus complexes comme les textures d'éclairage ou les textures d'environement.

Support de couleur secondaire.
Cette extension active l'éclairage spéculaire des polygones.

Support compression S3TC.
Cette extension accroît la bande passante pour les textures en utilisant un algorithme de compression avec perte.

Support nVidia VAR.
Cette extension accélère la transformation des sommet en utilisant la mémoire AGP.

Support Texture Bride de Bord. 
Cette extension permet l'élimination des lignes noires autour de certain polygone textures.

Support Vertex Program. 
Cette extension permet la programmation des sommet (DX8 Vertex Shader). Cette extension peut être requis par certains ou futurs programmes.

Support Fragment Program. 
Cette extension permet la programmation par pixel (DX8 Pixel Shader). Cette extension peut être requis par certains ou futurs programmes.

Support Filtrage Texture Anisotropie. 
Cette extension améliore la qualité du filtrage des textures.

Support de test d'occlusion 
Cette extension permet le test d'occlusion pour éliminer les objets non visibles.

Point sprites support 
Cette extension permet la gestion de point sprites.

Support de OpenGL Shading Language
Cette fonction permets l'écriture de shaders en language haut niveau.

Support de Frame buffer object
Cette fonction permet le rendu direct dans une texture.

Extensions vérification: 
GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_client_storage a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_element_array a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_fence a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_float_pixels a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_flush_render a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_object_purgeable a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_packed_pixels a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_specular_vector a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_texture_range a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_transform_hint a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_depth_texture a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_draw_buffers a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_fragment_program a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_fragment_shader a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_half_float_pixel a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_imaging a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_multisample a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_multitexture a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_occlusion_query a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_point_parameters a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_point_sprite a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_shader_objects a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_shading_language_100 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_shadow a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_texture_compression a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_texture_cube_map a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_texture_env_add a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_texture_env_combine a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_texture_float a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_texture_rectangle a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_transpose_matrix a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_vertex_blend a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_vertex_program a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_vertex_shader a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ARB_window_pos a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ATI_separate_stencil a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ATI_texture_float a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_abgr a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_bgra a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_bindable_uniform a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_blend_color a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_blend_func_separate a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_blend_minmax a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_blend_subtract a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_draw_range_elements a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_fog_coord a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_framebuffer_object a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_rescale_normal a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_secondary_color a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_shadow_funcs a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_stencil_two_side a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_stencil_wrap a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_texture_env_add a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_texture_integer a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_texture_rectangle a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_texture_sRGB a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_EXT_transform_feedback a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_blend_square a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_depth_clamp a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_fog_distance a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_fragment_program2 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_fragment_program_option a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_light_max_exponent a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_point_sprite a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_register_combiners a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_register_combiners2 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_texgen_reflection a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_texture_shader a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_texture_shader2 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_texture_shader3 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_vertex_program2_option a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_NV_vertex_program3 a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine 
GL_SGIS_texture_lod a été ajouté dans la liste des extensions de NVIDIA NB9M-GE1 OpenGL Engine

post-144874-1204660653_thumb.png

I'm about to buy a graphic card, but i don't think i'll get a 9xxx for the moment :)

But I can get the laptop with 9300M G back and have some more trys if you guys tell me what to do.

• 2 weeks later...

yes on my side i search and made working internal sound card HD audio ALC888 (under Intel audio HD IH8)

i made under linux a audio codec dump for our ALC888 (Medion MD96630) named ALC888-Medion96630-Dump-by-SpZ.txt

and use AppleHDA Patcher 1.20 Then i Drag and drop OUR ALC888-Medion96630-Dump-by-SpZ.txt linux codec dump into AppleHDA Patcher icon

and done !!

sound working well

use attached file here :angel:

thans to all for great job

now i will seek after Ratlink 2860 driver for Wifi ... i've found driver here : http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

hope nvidia 9300M will come soon

ALC888_Medion96630_Dump_by_SpZ.txt

AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.zip

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I also got one of these swanky laptops from Aldi!

Thanks for the audio driver. Is anyone yet to find out about the annoying empty dialog boxes? I loaded up system preferences earlier, clicked on 'Network' then was completely stuck! I couldn't even shutdown cause it kept telling me to close System Preferences first!

I'll have a look to see if theres some display settings/drivers that work.

I'm not sure if anyone is reading this thread anymore... but if you're interested i somehow fluked the menus to work :) .

I installed the latest version of NVInstaller .41, then replaced the Kexts with ones i found on another site in a file called 'aquaman'. When I rebooted it complained that the Kexts weren't installed properly so i decided to reinstall the NVInstaller again and hey-presto it works!

So far i have working graphics and sound. Has anyone managed to get the wireless working yet? I got the latest Ralink drivers and installed them but it says 'No Device !!' or 'Disconnected !!'. Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a while trying to find a cure for my 9300 to no avail. and sorry for that...

yet i have some info and maybe a workaround.

back a month ago i had an Asus W5fe laptop that had an intel 950 on it fully working with QE/CI but that's not the point.

since i work with Asus i had a chance to upgrage my laptop to a better model U6 and test it first.

i took my old HD and replaced the new one with it. for some odd reason it worked but i didn't get native resolution.

i did however rebooted and used "Graphics Mode" to fix it, it worked. no QE/CI though.

then i discovered something about most of these 9300 cards, after installing a clean sheet of leopard. there are no known drivers...

now that just brought me down, but i tried installing the intel drivers for 950 and for some reason this works.

no QE/CI but aside from video i didn't really need it.

all of this reminds me of the new asus model i was reading about a few weeks back, a model called N10 which has the 9300 chip and a secondary card on board: the Intel 950...

maybe, and i repeat just maybe most of us are using a laptop like that, hence the reason it might work.

still, if you want to have leopard working with menus i suggest you install these drivers and a graphics mode to boot.plist.

it's not yet a solution but it works.

hope it helps

Jimmy Urine

• 1 month later...

so here's where i got so far:

i installed 9f23 graphic update (NVDANV50Hal.kext), NVkush.kext, and there's another one that i think gets installed with the first it's NVDareman.kext (i think), changed the info.plist on each to include my device id.

at first the os came up only on external display Full QE/CI!! but again only on external display.

second i tried changing the way the dev_id is written taking the "&amp" and all sorts of {censored} from the plist files. and then the os loaded but with no display at all.

if anyone has an idea, please share because i was looking for an answer on any forum known about mac os and tried crossing info with known problem. it's either I'm too tired and can't see anymore or that no one has figured this out.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

EFI String wasn't so great. After one restart no QE/CI.

No I had fountn't a newMacBook newMacBook Pro GraphicDriver Pack.

I can't test this kexts ,because my Medion is broken.

If you want here is a self-created Installer with my Device ID in NVDANV50Hal.kext (My ID: 042e).

Use your own (fount in SystemProfiler) in NVDANV50Hal after install and try if you want.

And use it with EFI String, NVInstaller or what you want.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0m66vy

Good luck.

Please Report if it does work. :(

Drakulix

• 2 weeks later...

I will try my own kext in the next days here a little instruktion how to install. First download pacifist then kext helper then NVInstaller.52 then my package (two posts ago). use pacifist to open and extrakt the kext in my package on to your desktop (just drag&drop without administratorrights) open NVDANV50HAL.kext (right klick "open package content) edit info.plist replace the device id add pci primary match (i think) with your own save to desktop and replace the old one in NVDANV50Hal.kext. The install NVInstaller with vanilla. Open kext helper and drag&drop the package kext on my desktop into it. Install. Restart. I hope it works....