Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Nick bs

20 posts in this topic

Hey everybody!

I have this problem, when I boot after I installed Leopard, it's just stop with this...

Mac framework successfully initialized

Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

My Laptop:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7700 2.4GHz

Motherboard MSI GX700 (AMI BIOS)

965PM/ICH8M chipset Santa Rosa

1Gb Intel Robson

Seagate Momentus 7200Rpm 200GB - SATA-300

4Gb 667Mhz memory

Nvida Go 8600GT 512mb

Intel 4945AGN

Toshiba bluetooth

Oki, so can anybody help me...?

Please help.... Just ask after what you need to know to try solve the problem!

Thanks! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a well know error!!!

Try searching Google for :" Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster insanelymac"

It is a ACPIPlatform.kext error you have to replace it with a compatible one, or would you like one of us to come over and do it for you!?

SticMAN

@ zacwhite15:

I'ts NOT cool to hijack threads :D

• 4 weeks later...
This is a well know error!!!

Try searching Google for :" Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster insanelymac"

It is a ACPIPlatform.kext error you have to replace it with a compatible one, or would you like one of us to come over and do it for you!?

SticMAN

@ zacwhite15:

I'ts NOT cool to hijack threads :)

Hi there. I do have this error (it just hangs there) while booting using cpus=1 and having set SATA to AHCI. Could you please help me resolve this problem?

I have searched a lot on the net. I have a COMPAQ SR5490AN desktop pc. It specifically has an ASUS IPIBL-LB MOBO. I found a tutorial with jas 10.5.4( which i tried), but i didn't want to flash my BIOS!

If you no the reason for this error could you please help me and others? i just want to try leopard!!

I think this is the right file you need to replace, chmod, chown, rm mkext etc etc etc etc...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ubwiitdpjjz

SticMAN

Hi there. I do have this error (it just hangs there) while booting using cpus=1 and having set SATA to AHCI. Could you please help me resolve this problem?

I have searched a lot on the net. I have a COMPAQ SR5490AN desktop pc. It specifically has an ASUS IPIBL-LB MOBO. I found a tutorial with jas 10.5.4( which i tried), but i didn't want to flash my BIOS!

If you no the reason for this error could you please help me and others? i just want to try leopard!!

I think this is the right file you need to replace, chmod, chown, rm mkext etc etc etc etc...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ubwiitdpjjz

SticMAN

Thanks for the help SticMAN! But i have gotten past this error (thnks to your post about the rror occuring cause of the "ACPI PLATFORM" kext.

I am using the Jas 10.5.4 leopard version. I just decided to tick the kext for anything regarding to "ACPI". this include some acpi power stuff...

I HOPE THIS HELPS OTHER PEOPLE W/ THE SAME PROBLEM! YOU SHOULD TRY/TEST SOME THE "ACPI" KEXT IN ANY VERSIONS OF LEOPARD YOU ARE TRYIN...eg. kalyway...iatkos.

BTW: i have to use "cpus=1" everytime at boot for leopard.

The only problem i have now is that im stuck on the setup screen for leopard. It says it doesn't recognise/see a(my) keyboard! Any advice for this!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the help SticMAN! But i have gotten past this error (thnks to your post about the rror occuring cause of the "ACPI PLATFORM" kext.

I am using the Jas 10.5.4 leopard version. I just decided to tick the kext for anything regarding to "ACPI". this include some acpi power stuff...

I HOPE THIS HELPS OTHER PEOPLE W/ THE SAME PROBLEM! YOU SHOULD TRY/TEST SOME THE "ACPI" KEXT IN ANY VERSIONS OF LEOPARD YOU ARE TRYIN...eg. kalyway...iatkos.

BTW: i have to use "cpus=1" everytime at boot for leopard.

The only problem i have now is that im stuck on the setup screen for leopard. It says it doesn't recognise/see a(my) keyboard! Any advice for this!

;)

say what!? I mean... don't mean to be mean but... wtf did you just wrote?

dude, perhaps there is no way you couldn't be comprehensive with your explanation in here of what you did (from your point of view) but ... would you mind emphasizing a little bit on what the heck did you just do?

thanks... maybe someone else will really appreciate it. :angel:

I'm having exactly the same problem. It stops booting at "Using 16384..."

I'm using iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

My System:

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo2 Fr

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6750 2,66 Ghz

Grafik: Geforce 8800gt 512mb

Sound: Onboard Realtek ALC888

LAN: Onboard Realtek RTL8111B

HDD: Samsung 500gb SATA

I set the HDD to AHCI in BIOS

How do i use the improved .kext if i can't even get on the desktop??

booting with -cpus=1 doesnt work.

Any help??

Edit: i just read in the wiki that the "MSI P35 Neo F" Mainboard need a BIOS Update. Does my NEO2 Fr need one, too? If yes, which?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys!

I have an asus k60ij

I have gotten the i6384 buffer header error as well.

I am brand new to all this, would someone be able to help me? I am duel booting it with windows 7, and windows 7 works fine.

my email address is brandonii54 at gmail .com if you wanna email

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Alright, I've searched all over for some solution to this. I get this same error, and have tried several different distros. The only one that even comes up is Ideneb.

I was able to get the OS running on VMware, but have had no luck installing it to hdd. I can't seem to find an answer, so please someone just help me out. It's driving me insane.

Here's what I'm working with: