Hang at "/usr/sbin/ocspd[39]: starting"

spock84

41 posts in this topic

Just got darwin to boot now, but here it hangs.

If I use the graphical startup I get the box telling me that some error has occured and I need to reboot.

What is ocspd and is there some way to disable it if I don't need it?

My motherboard is an Asus P5KC.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same problem. Leopard boots and then crashes at some point during the boot. I run verbose mode, and the last line before the crash is: localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[61]: starting.

Before that, the boot procedure used to crash with the last line being: /System/Library/CoreServices/LoginWindow.app/Contents/MacOS/LoginWindow[23]: Login Window Application Started, but I changed some BIOS settings and it doesn't crash at that point anymore.

I've also noticed a line saying display: family specific matching fails.

I've installed the BrazilMac patched Leopard, and applied bootfix patch in order to make Leopard to boot.

My PC has an Intel E8200, GB P35-DS3L, 2GB RAM and Gainward 8400gs 256MB.

Any idea what's going on and how can I fix it?

Thx in advance.

I had this problem today, and have no idea why it started today of all days. For what it's worth, I noticed in my system logs that above the hanging line you mention with the ocspd there was also a lot of little snitch stuff happening. I started in safe mode, then ran the little snitch installer and did the "uninstall" and bingo! everything was golden again. A nice reminder to do a full super-duper backup. Right now, for instance.

• 1 month later...

Im getting the same issue after a clean install. it hangs at: localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[71] Starting... Any clues yet? I know it has SOMETHING to do with the keychain but on a clean install and never booted up it still hangs. it even hangs here with the -x boot, ive tried -x -f -v all at the same time and still hangs. boots to single user just fine, is there away to disable this service in single user mode?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hey

Iv got the same problem aswell and its taking the fu*k out of me!!!!!...basically first of all i couldnt get the diskutility to erase the partition so i ended up makng three primary partitions: 1 for XP, 1 for data, and 1 for OSX. It took me forever but Iv installed OSX 10.5.2 like 4 times now(even without any drivers) and still cant get past this message some one please help us all out???? 

heres my specs:

Mobo:Asus P5P800S

CPU: Intel Celeron D 2.66Ghz

Graphics:Geforce2 MX/MX400

LAN: Realtek RTL8139

...It always hangs at: localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd["some number here"] Starting, no matter what options i boot with

someone please help  :angel::)

• 3 weeks later...

/usr/sbin/ocspd is what is loaded directly before the graphics, this is generally a graphics card issue, which is why booting in safe mode works sometimes, as it only loads specific kexts required for the safe boot. Safe mode uses VESA graphics drivers, not the modified ones (such as nvinject/nvkush/natit/titan/efi strings/etc.) .

• 2 months later...

Hi all!

Have the same problem with Geforce 6100 Onboard video. (The Biostar 6100 AM2 motherboard).

You say that re-writing graphics EFI strings fix the problem.

Can you point me to a manual how i can rewrite this strings?

I can boot into single user mode (-s) and EFIStuido is instaled.

Sorry for my bad english.

Since the posts date back to September, should I assume the issue was fixed? how?

I working on an IDenev 1.3 install and the systems hangs pretty much at the same spot; However, it boots just fine from the install DVD (with rd=diskXsY...). Sounds to me that ocspd is not the problem here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All...

I got stuck on this behavior too.

I am very very new do Mac OSX, so, could somebody explain me how to fix this problem ???

I 've just installed OSX iDeneb 1.3 on it, and on the frst boot I got this.

I have an NVidia GeForce 7300 GT.

On installation I didn't select to install any NForce or similar Driver... I left the default...

Is it possible to fix this without having to reinstall ?

Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe it was explained that this is generally a graphics card issue. This is what loads right before the Graphics drivers, so it can freeze here as it attempts to load graphics.

If you are having a problem booting after updating to 10.5.x, for example, this could be due to Apple releasing new graphics drivers in its updates. Sometimes on an update, my QE/CI would stop working and I would need to fix it. This explains why you can get this error on a new install or on hardware that previously worked.

Try installing with different graphics drivers, or no drivers.

Try booting with -x flag to enter safe mode, which sometimes works as it disables the advanced graphics drivers.