Realtek ALC 268 WORKING

comatron

132 posts in this topic

lets do a thread for this great 268 chip - the HDA thread is way to big to pick out all the 268 snippets. the guys made it possible:

TARUGA

DIEGO GIOVANNY

thank you VERY much! i hope you both guys will update this thread for all 268 masses.

check the latest full working release in the attachment. let the taruga patcher run first - then install the AppleHDA.kext (please dont ask howto install kexts).

known bugs:

- on external mic with high input you get sound out of your speakers when talking.

- some users report of background noise on choosing internal mic

alc268_january08.zip

Update: I have an X205-S7483 and I used your installer with no sound - it ran and updates, it finds two "Internal Speaker" output devices but no sound comes out... I was in class and somehow it started making noise, but after I rebooted, I got no dice.

• 2 weeks later...
works great on my dv6000

Both headphone jack and internal speakers, volume control on laptop also works.

No popping, no odd sounds.

The only thing stopping me from installing OS X on my computer is lack of (complete) sound compatability. I know the DV6000 series has Conexant HDA, so would you mind sharing how you accomplished this (including the OS X version you are running)?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!, it works on my Compal FL90.

Sound works, [ but volume control doesn't. Does anyone knows how to fix this? fixed ]

EDIT:

I didnt install the AppleHDA.kext properly. I reinstaled the kext and now everything works.

• 1 month later...
lets do a thread for this great 268 chip - the HDA thread is way to big to pick out all the 268 snippets. the guys made it possible:

TARUGA

DIEGO GIOVANNY

thank you VERY much! i hope you both guys will update this thread for all 268 masses.

check the latest full working release in the attachment. let the taruga patcher run first - then install the AppleHDA.kext (please dont ask howto install kexts).

known bugs:

- on external mic with high input you get sound out of your speakers when talking.

- some users report of background noise on choosing internal mic

To that .... the main problem with that is that the fix breaks the shut down .... have u foudn any way to fix that?

This workz on my ACER ASPIRE 5720Z

Thanks a lot....

I think the reason why it does not work with others is that they are using VANILLA kernel.

I tried installing it again and for some reason it is not working any longer.

OR SOMEONE MIGHT HAVE CHANGE THE original file!!! ON THE download page....

Problems:

No mute, no Line in, Not auto Switching when headphones plugged in, Sometimes headphones too soft and require reboot.

This worked on my Toshiba a205-4707.

Thanks a ton. This was driving me crazy. Doesn't work perfect, but makes me happy none-the-less. Can't switch to headphone automatically, but works if you switch output source. And hiss sound went away when I turned down mic volume.