Marvell 88E8056 - Help

Arti_

38 posts in this topic

I have Mobo ASUS P5K-E with the card Marvell 88E8056 and can not find drivers. Ethernet does not work me I ask for the help B)

My system is ToH x86 9A581 RC2

The "Royco" fix.

LAN: This is only for rev. 2.0, rev. 3.3, or any revision that uses Yukon controller 8056. For those that have 8053 (rev 1.0), LAN works without modification. This how-to was written by Royco. If you find it helpful, be sure to thank him! =)

Open the terminal from /Applications/Utilities and type the following:

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

(find and change: <key>Yukon-88E8053</key>)

(to: <key>Yukon-88E8056</key>) <-- change "53" to "56"

(find and change: <string>0x436211AB</string>)

(to: <string>0x436411AB</string>) <-- change "62" to "64"

(find and change: <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper$</string>)

(to: <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper$</string>) <-- change "53" to "56"

Ctrl O <--- Thats letter O

Enter

Ctrl X

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Reboot.

After rebooting your LAN might not be working yet and showing up as disconnected. Do the following.

- Go to System Preferences, Click on the network icon.

- On the left pane select your ethernet, on the right pane where it says "Configure" select "off".

- Click apply.

- Now back to "Configure" select "Using DHCP". Click apply.

- Your LAN should be working by now.

(find and change: <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper$</string>)

(to: <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper$</string>) <-- change "53" to "56"

this thing hasn't worked i founded the other commands and replaced them but only this one not so the the LAN doesn't work any solution for this problem?

• 3 weeks later...
The "Royco" fix.

LAN: This is only for rev. 2.0, rev. 3.3, or any revision that uses Yukon controller 8056. For those that have 8053 (rev 1.0), LAN works without modification. This how-to was written by Royco. If you find it helpful, be sure to thank him! =)

Open the terminal from /Applications/Utilities and type the following:

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

(find and change: <key>Yukon-88E8053</key>)

(to: <key>Yukon-88E8056</key>) <-- change "53" to "56"

(find and change: <string>0x436211AB</string>)

(to: <string>0x436411AB</string>) <-- change "62" to "64"

Ctrl O <--- Thats letter O

Enter

Ctrl X

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Reboot.

This don`t work for me too.

Any help, pleeeeeeeeease ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just installed Leopard successfully to boot, but I don't have internet. I have an ASUS M2V mobo with Attansic L1 Gigabit LAN which should be the 88E8083 if I'm not mistaken. But thing is it won't work. In network settings I don't even have ethernet option, and system profiler shows no sign of ethernet as well.

Alex

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
the above driver does *not* work for me on my P5K-E Wifi/AP Deluxe mobo, using JaS 10.5.4 on my Marvell Yukon 88E8056 onboard networking.

in fact, nothing so far has worked for enabling my ethernet, which is really getting annoying...

Afternoon,

I had my Asus P5E3 WS PRO (x38 chipset) with its Marvell Yukon 88E8056 working just fine under a Out-Of-the-Box install of Kalyway 10.5.2. But after updating to 10.5.4, I have no networking! I have tried a bunch of things...

- the above 88E8056.zip - Fail

- downloading the Yukon2.zip that OSX86 Tools downloads and apply that manually - Fail

- various other IONetworking.kexts from around, each reupdated with the above two... - Fail.

So i'm giving up on this install... what's a fourth reinstall in three days going to hurt. Leaving the partition intact though, and installing a running-disk of Kalyway 10.5.2 and not updating to 10.5.4.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to know which driver do you use when you install Jas 10.5.4 ?

'cause I looked into the DVD and there are 2 drivers that can be used for marvell 8056 ethernet cards: the marvell driver and the skge driver? Which one do you use or which should not I use ?

My motherboard is : Asus P5K-e wifi

I used to have my ethernet card to work but since I reinstalled JAs 10.5.4, it doesn't work anymore.

Can't remember what I did to have it to work. Shouldn't have changed my HDD.

• 2 weeks later...

this doesn't work for me now in 10.5.5

it only worked after a fresh install of 10.5.4 the first time, if i did anything else, it wouldn't work, i had to re-install twice to get my system fully working.

so in 10.5.5 i can edit and save and verify and do the permissions, but it never takes, and when it does it starts up with an error that IONetworkingFamily.kext was not saved properly and was unable to load, and no Ethernet shows up in Network Utility, although it does show up in System Preferences/Network and if I boot with -v enabled, it says that interfacenamer was unable to find *any* network devices.

I'm now having this problem in 10.5.5 as well.

LAN had always been fine since I started with Kalyway 10.5.2 but has now stopped...

Weird thing is, I think my RTL8187 is supported. Haven't tried it but it's showing up in the list via Network Utility.

I am using wireless via a PCI-X DWA-566 for 802.11n but just tried configuring an AEBS via LAN and was wondering why it wasn't working...

My board is a P5K-E WiFi/AP

Standing by :)

i have the p5k-e wifi and i updated to 10.5.5. I got it finally working. I added the yukon kext AND added the id's as per rammjets tutorial http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry245032 but i had to manually edit the numbers in text edit on a copy of the info.plist as i could not get terminal to find the id's to change using nano.

But it all works now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm, normally I wouldn't be too concerned with losing Gigabit LAN but this is starting to irritate me...

As per the other thread, I downloaded the DS3 pack and extracted Yukon.kext from that. I had tried this earlier and on startup OS X would state the extension had been improperly installed so was useless.

I edited the details in info.plist (change 8053 to 8056 and 46 to 42 to whatever it was) and renamed it Yukon2 but I still have the same problem where it won't initialise unless I boot with -f

:D

Thanks for your reply Slice but unfortunately I am still having trouble getting it to work.

Did you edit AppleYukon2.kext at all?

Have you got this in the IONetworkingFamily/Plugins folder?

I'm not sure why this wouldn't be working and it's really doing my head in trying to work out why it will only work with -f...

EDIT: OK, I got it working. Not sure exactly what got it working but I ended up adding IONetworkingFamily.kext from a copy of iATKOS 4.1i (10.5.4) and then added your kext Slice.

Works without adding -f and comes up as 'Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056' without the 'Singleport Copper SA' {censored} behind it...

If anyone wants a copy of the IONetworkingFamily kext then PM me and I can link it.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your reply Slice but unfortunately I am still having trouble getting it to work.

Did you edit AppleYukon2.kext at all?

Have you got this in the IONetworkingFamily/Plugins folder?

I'm not sure why this wouldn't be working and it's really doing my head in trying to work out why it will only work with -f...

EDIT: OK, I got it working. Not sure exactly what got it working but I ended up adding IONetworkingFamily.kext from a copy of iATKOS 4.1i (10.5.4) and then added your kext Slice.

Works without adding -f and comes up as 'Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056' without the 'Singleport Copper SA' {censored} behind it...

If anyone wants a copy of the IONetworkingFamily kext then PM me and I can link it.

I'm having issues with this as well, the 8056 is built into my AMD mobo.

I've got everything but networking working!

I've tried modifying the kext, even replacing the yukon2.kext. after hosing a few different installs I'm at a loss.

Could you upload the file you are using perhaps? Thank you!