EFI Leopard Vanilla Kernel System Profiler Fix

macmaniac

8 posts in this topic

Ok, this isn't a perfect fix, as it won't necessarily fix the incorrectly reported processor speed or the incorrectly reported memory speed.

This merely is a fix to prevent the "There was an error while gathering information." message when you click on about this mac/more info and the System Profiler is activated which tries in vain to profile your hardware.

Once again, if you are seeking this fix, I bet you have a P-35 board. :)

Ok, so you need:

a XxX 10.4.10 install DVD.

Pacifist

Look for Contents of extrapatches

-------------------->Contents of SystemProfilerPatch

From the SystemProfilerPatch.pkg, you must extract SPPlatformReporter.spreporter and SPiPlatformReporter.spreporter

Install these in /System/Library/SystemProfiler/

Repair permissions using chown and chmod

Reboot

Ok, this isn't a perfect fix, as it won't necessarily fix the incorrectly reported processor speed or the incorrectly reported memory speed.

This merely is a fix to prevent the "There was an error while gathering information." message when you click on about this mac/more info and the System Profiler is activated which tries in vain to profile your hardware.

Once again, if you are seeking this fix, I bet you have a P-35 board. ;)

Ok, so you need:

Pacifist

From the SystemProfilerPatch.pkg, you must extract SPPlatformReporter.spreporter and SPiPlatformReporter.spreporter

Reboot

i got this problem and i deleted my extensions.mkext and it worked fine after words.

i got this problem and i deleted my extensions.mkext and it worked fine after words.

Ok. I tried that (on a fresh install) and it didn't work. Thanks anyway.

I'm suspecting that p-35 boards are a little out of the loop on EFI development, given some of the issues (internal drives reported as external, etc).

FWIW, changing MAX CPUID in Bios to enabled made the profiler crash. So I switched that back.

Maybe an edited SMBIOS or ACPI kext is still required.....

Ok. I tried that (on a fresh install) and it didn't work. Thanks anyway.

I'm suspecting that p-35 boards are a little out of the loop on EFI development, given some of the issues (drive icons, etc).

FWIW, changing MAX CPUID in Bios to enabled made the profiler crash. So I switched that back.

Maybe an edited SMBIOS or ACPI kext is still required.....

Mostly every thing in my laptop is intel. That maybe why.

Once again, if you are seeking this fix, I bet you have a P-35 board. :)

Ok, so you need:

Pacifist

Reboot

I have a Gigabyte P35c and just finished leopard install with the EFI and mine shows perfect what I have and memory speed. I used TOH and after install of 10.5.1 update I put in dsmos and the two kexts for sound and thats it.

• 1 year later...

I don't know if it's still valid but I guess the fix to this is to use an older AppleSMBIOS.kext

At least I fix my P35 chipset based Motherboard with 10.5.6 Vanilla install + chameleon by replacing /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext with the one I attached below . It's a netkas version .

Install using KextHelper don't forget to delete Extensions.mkext and start with one time with -f option.

AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

• 1 month later...
I don't know if it's still valid but I guess the fix to this is to use an older AppleSMBIOS.kext

At least I fix my P35 chipset based Motherboard with 10.5.6 Vanilla install + chameleon by replacing /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext with the one I attached below . It's a netkas version .

Install using KextHelper don't forget to delete Extensions.mkext and start with one time with -f option.

Hey this fix work with my GA-EP45-UD3P also. Thanks a lot. My system profiler now reporting the correct CPU speed.