Official Unofficial Cider Game thread

Suzuka

243 posts in this topic

There are alot of games that work with Cider, and others that do not, I think its a good idea to make a list, heres what I have so far, Split up into Working, Playable, Nonworking and next to it, is the cider version (Ill upload them soon) If it says any, I suggest using the Gametap version.

Game Name (Notes) [Version]

For instructions for how to install, see this thread Im going to start linking to more specific instructions

NOTICE: When it says any, I suggest using the Game Tap Version

Working:

Need for Speed Most Wanted [Any]

Need for Speed Carbon

Battlefield 2142 [Any]

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas [GT]

Oblivion (No Plugins) [GT]

BattleField 2 [Any]

Hitman Contracts [Any]

Madden 07 [Any]

Far Cry [Any]

Richard Burns Rally [X3]

Warhammer 40k: Dawn Of War - Dark Crusade [Any]Instructions

Playable:

Half Life 2 (Very Slow NO-STEAM ONLY) [GT]

Non-Working:

Guild Wars

Risk 2

Anno 1701

Ford Street Racing

Tiger Woods 2004-2006

Stalker

Elder Scrolls III Morrowind

As you can see, the list is not long, so help me expand it, I will edit it fequently

I've problems to run Oblivion using cedega's HOMMV pack.I've tryied to run it with Myst URU pack (pheraps a new version of Cider) butthe new solution can apply correctly the 3D texture on bodies and walls.Then there is the mouse problem...I've readen in others posts Suzuka has tryied to run it but...I wont a Solution for that :huh:Suzuka, u can explain your corrections about graphics and mouse?Ops... sorry...With all solutions of Cedega WIKI, using 2 versions of Cedega, i have always graphics problems...

I've problems to run Oblivion using cedega's HOMMV pack.I've tryied to run it with Myst URU pack (pheraps a new version of Cider) butthe new solution can apply correctly the 3D texture on bodies and walls.Then there is the mouse problem...I've readen in others posts Suzuka has tryied to run it but...I wont a Solution for that :huh:Suzuka, u can explain your corrections about graphics and mouse?Ops... sorry...With all solutions of Cedega WIKI, using 2 versions of Cedega, i have always graphics problems...

You need to use the Game Tap version of Cider, hence the GT, I intend to put better instructions, but for now, its "Know your basic cider"

BF2's system.reg as I have it, works online, sometimes; Note that the "ergc" lines are your serial number, not sure if rest is even neccessary, but I know it won't play online without "ergc", even in Windows. Look in a windows install for the correct lines for your version, mine has mods, and they work too. BTW, if you try to copy/paste these lines, it may fail. I am only posting to show the format. I added these to the bottom of the "system.reg" file in preferences. Note that once you run the app, it created a preferences folder, should be in your user folder. You will either have to delete this new folder, or alter the files inside it.

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA CORE\\INSTALLED GAMES\\EAGAMES\\BF2-2006\\ONLINE_CONTENT\\BF2-EP1]

"GameLauncherParameters"="+menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1"

"GameLauncherPath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Battlefield 2\\bf2.exe"

"DisplayName"="Battlefield 2 Special Forces"

"Version"="1.1"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games]

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2]

"Language"="English"

"Locale"="en_US"

"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Battlefield 2"

"Version"="1.4"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2\\ergc]

@="x9392<buncha numbers>"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2\\wdc]

@="true"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 Hard Justice]

"Version"="1.21"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 HardJusticeMapPack1]

"Version"="1.2"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 HardJusticeMapPack2]

"Version"="1.2"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 HardJusticeMapPack3]

"Version"="1.2"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 Special Forces]

"Language"="English"

"Locale"="en_US"

"Version"="1.4"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 Special Forces\\ergc]

@="x9392<buncha numbers>"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 Special Forces\\wdc]

@="true"

[sYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\BF2\\Parameters]

"Application"="<\"C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Battlefield 2\\BF2.exe\" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +modPath mods/HardJustice> \\ <application.ext>"

[sYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\BF2\\Enum]

"0"="Root\\LEGACY_BF200"

"Count"=dword:00000001

"NextInstance"=dword:00000001

Anyone got Counter-Strike Source working?

I have tried several non-steam versions, and I found one that "works" (google CSSfull_v28.rar :( )

But there is always a catch ;) The font rendering is not working, there is no text visible at all, which is very sad when the game actually runs pretty well. 100 fps, much better than Crossover and Parallels.

It also seams like some dx9 effects are working, but sometimes the framerate drops to 3 in special locations on the map, probably due to lack of dx9 shaders. This can probably be solved by setting the gfx level to 8, if you cold see that freekin' menu :o

I have tried to copy all fonts from my winows installation to the transgaming windows/fonts dir, but without success. Help appreciated.

post-14435-1192100512_thumb.jpg

post-14435-1192100522_thumb.jpg

post-14435-1192100555_thumb.jpg

post-14435-1192100574_thumb.jpg

d10sfan>

Do you have the same version of BF2 as I, v1.41?

Are your video drivers fully working ie. QE/CI supported?

Is your firewall on?

As i said, it is best to copy the lines from your own Windows registry, then edit them to match Cider's format/syntax. Could be a minor version mismatch, I'd check just to be sure.

Do y'all think we ought to move this into all into the BF2 thread, get out of the way of others? Or keep it going here?

Warhammer 40k: Dawn Of War - Dark Crusade

I have just managed to get this game working with the X3 cider. It took a bit of editing ini files, but it is now working ok.

lines I changed are below.

Once screenwindowed is set to 0, the movies actually playback properly. The only problem seems to be the cursor, but it is playable.

Sound is slightly stuttery (same as cedega on linux :( )

local.ini

[global]
screenheight=1024
screenrefresh=0
screenwidth=1280
screenwindowed=0

w40k.ini

screenwidth = 1280
screenheight = 1024
screenrefresh = 0
screenwindowed  = 0

Edit:

Update: If you use the gametap cider, there are no bugs at all. The cursor shows properly and the sound is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded the latest gametap client and used the cider from it for DoW:Dark Crusade and all the bugs are fixed ;):D

The cursor works and the sound is perfect.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed that there is a auto update program for cider in the gametap build?

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War also works :P using the same method as used for Dark Crusade.

Hey guys, first off I'd just like to say thanks. The method of using the GT cider to play Dawn of War has worked perfectly for me so far. This was also after hours of frustration tinkering with crossover. GT cider is hands down the best method for this game at least. There was only one issue I've run into so far, and that's the online play. I added my cd key to the system.reg file, I'll cut and paste below. I was wondering if any of you have gotten the online play for Dark Crusade to successfully work. Even after adding my key, it still says cd authentication failed on the multiplayer screen.

[software\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade]

"CDKEY"="<insert the cd key>"

"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\THQ\\DarkCrusade"

Any ideas on this? Thanks.

Hey guys, first off I'd just like to say thanks. The method of using the GT cider to play Dawn of War has worked perfectly for me so far. This was also after hours of frustration tinkering with crossover. GT cider is hands down the best method for this game at least. There was only one issue I've run into so far, and that's the online play. I added my cd key to the system.reg file, I'll cut and paste below. I was wondering if any of you have gotten the online play for Dark Crusade to successfully work. Even after adding my key, it still says cd authentication failed on the multiplayer screen.

[software\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade]

"CDKEY"="<insert the cd key>"

"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\THQ\\DarkCrusade"

Any ideas on this? Thanks.

I have been trying to get it working online also, but it seems like loads of people using wine are having the exact problem.

Here's the CDKEY codes for system.reg

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade] 
"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\\"
"W40KCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"WXPCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\\1.00.0000] 

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War] 
"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"CDKEY_WXP"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\\"

I still get cdkey authentication errors after replacing the x's with my cdkeys :(

Seems like loads of other people do aswell from looking on the wine AppDB etc. Workd fine on singleplayer tho.

Also to play the other races you also need the other 2 exe's (W40k.exe & W40kWA.exe) which I also have tried but it doesn't seem to make any difference :(