ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

OK, I have started a new thread so I can keep all my drivers together in one easy to find post. For a little background info on this project refer to THIS thread. I would also like to mention that this would not be possible without Semthex, Taruga, TheMax32000, Rene204 and the countless testers that have helped develop these kext!

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

ALC883Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC883 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

ALC888Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC888 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip

YOU MUST USE 8.8.1 OR NEWER KERNEL WITH ALC883AUDIO.PKG AND ALC888AUDIO.PKG

If you have 3 outputs working you can setup 5.1 using Audio MIDI Setup found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. On the menu bar select "Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor". Click on the "+" square and it will add a new aggregate device. Now select "Use" next to each output you want to add(usually the first 3) and click "done". Change Default Output to the "Aggregate Device". Now select "Aggregate Device" in the Properties For: box and click on "Configure Speakers". Click "Multichannel" and select "5.1 Surround". When your done configuring your speakers the way you want them, make sure you click "Apply" before "Done". You should now have 5.1 surround sound working.

Edited by skippyretard

AzaliaAudio.pkg gave me icon and HD output in audio pref but no sound from speakers or headphone on 9200 :(

The first Info.plist still might need to be edited to change 0880 to your particular number and remove ApplHDA.kext from Extensions folder (and of course, delete the Extensions.*kext* files).

Sorry for my poor english.. :thumbsup_anim:

Hello friends. I am inexperienced in the subject. I have a card ALC883 but with AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip me it detects but i have no sound (i change the vendor realtek ID to 883)... and with anyone of the options of ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip make me a kernel panic at the boot. To somebody can happens me? :)

Generic Nootebook:::

- OS: Linux Ubuntu 6.10 + Mac OSx JaS Intel SSE3 10.4.7 + Jas Update 10.4.8 Kernel 8.4.1

- CPU: Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz Working

- Chipset: Intel 945GM + ICH7-M FSB 533 / 667 Mhz Working

- Memory: 1024 Scan Working

- Wireless: Intel Mini-Card Wireless 3945 802.11b/g, a/b/g Not Working

- Audio: Realtek ALC883 0x10ec0883 With vendor Intel 0x27d8086 Not Working

- HD: SATA 80GB Fuyitsu Working

- Grafic Card: Nvidia Geforce 7600 GO 256 Mb DDR2. Working whit Beta Drivers

- Modem 56K v.92/v.90 Not Working

- Integrated Webcam 1.3M píxel Not Working

- 3 x USB 2.0 Working

- 1 x VGA para external monitor Working

- 1 x LAN Ethernet 8111B Gigabit 10/100/1000 Mb/s Working

- 1 x firewire mini IEEE1394 Working

- 1 x Multi-Card read 3-in-1 (SD/MMC/Memory Stick) Not Working

- 1 x S-video/TV-out port (NTSC/PAL) Not Working

- 1 x Digital fingerprints read Not Working

- PCMCIA Type II Working

- TV Mini Card with USB 2.0 Not Working

ZOleg: There is a great kext for ALC882 users made by Taruga HERE

TorqueX86: Thank you... I am working on an ALC888 kext right now, it should be posted sometime today. I can not be sure it will work on ICH7, so please test and post your results when it is ready.

Orionn: You must use the 8.8.1 kernel for the ALC883Audio.pkg to work

Edited by skippyretard

ZOleg: There is a great kext for ALC882 users made by Taruga HERE

TorqueX86: Thank you... I am working on an ALC888 kext right now, it should be posted sometime today. I can not be sure it will work on ICH7, so please test and post your results when it is ready.

Orionn: You must use the 8.8.1 kernel for the ALC883Audio.pkg to work

Great... I'll be looking forward to the ALC888. Sound works for me right now in OSX, but when I start changing Kexts, sound decides to give out. Maybe this will solve my problem :tomato:

ALC888Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC888 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital[/b]

Ok right now...

tested the newest installer with 6 ports and: its not working! Kext loads successfully but no sound at all... even the input does not work! :unsure:

**cking ICH7 ALC888!!

But great work so far, skippy! :)

Tested, alas, doesn't work. (I downloaded it about 5 hours ago, you might have updated it in the meantime)

Also, the installer is quite confusing as far as the various choices go. 3 lines? 6 lines? + SPIDF? I Guess most users would just like to be able to use whatever they have, just like on a mac. Small suggestion might be to add a brief description under each choice, and avoid making all of them selectable, as only one is the fianl configuration.

Some configuration made me select internal speakers and microphone, which I don't have :thumbsup_anim:

Anyway thanks for the great job so far, I'm sure we will have one heck of a good working driver soon. Let me know if I can further help.

Hello Skippy, I have tested the alc888 package and my results, on an Asrock 775Dual-vsta (alc888) was:

installing:

6 chan+digital -> no sound (and no devices found)

6 chan -> 4 output lines found, but as independent devices: I can select only one of the output line, and have sound from front speakers. Selecting other output, I have sound from rear speakers. Selecting the third line out, sound from central speaker and subwoofer. Selecting the four line out, not sound at all.

3 chan + digital -> detected one line out (the front speakers) and digital output (not tried)

3 chan -> only one line out.

All the configurations with working sound have at least (I don't remember exactly) two input .

I hope I can have 5.1 sound.

From only 2 channels out and no input (with azalia), going to 2 channels out and mic (first alc888kext from skippy), now we have 6 channels (the 3 lines out) and input, but lines out are not working at the same time.

Skippy, you are in the good way! Thanks a lot. If you need more info, or you want me to test more pkgs, please tell me.

If you have 3 outputs working you can setup 5.1 using Audio MIDI Setup found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. On the menu bar select "Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor". Click on the "+" square and it will add a new aggregate device. Now select "Use" next to each output you want to add(usually the first 3) and click "done". Change Default Output to the "Aggregate Device". Now select "Aggregate Device" in the Properties For: box and click on "Configure Speakers". Click "Multichannel" and select "5.1 Surround". When your done configuring your speakers the way you want them, make sure you click "Apply" before "Done". You should now have 5.1 surround sound working.

It works!! thanks. But now the volume control doesn't work. Is normal no working volume control using aggregate device? (the volume control of itunes works well.

It works for me too!! 5.1 channel for my hackintosh!! :)

Thanks, Skippy, I guess I owe you a big one :D

One very small caveat: Apple keyboard's volume control doesn't work anymore.

Is this normal?

Ahhh, Skippy... thats a big go on this ALC888!

Thanks man, I incorporated it into my 775Dual-VSTA installer so that the joy may be spread to the world, the fishes in the deep blue sea, and... well, I guess you and me already have it.

If you ever need anything, holler.

Stephen