Recomended Motherboards for fully supported Hackintosh

12 posts in this topic

yes there is the hcl

but that doesnt really tell you which motherboard is the best choice if you are willing to buy the very best possible motherboard for your hackintosh

tings to consider

easy install

a lot of things working out of the box

minimal to no hacking required

post your kexts or links to posts with kexts you used

lots of other hackintosh users have it

works without any issues and so on

which install method did you use

what did you test and what didnt you test

and after all

the motherboard is the most important part of a proper hackintosh

please everybody help to expand this list and keep the thread clean

also mods please feel free to edit this post

other users just pm me and i will edit it

also there is a properly working rigs thread

which is pretty much the same as this one but for the complete system

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...t=0&do=findComment&comment=175124

For a budget machine that will really set you right go with an Intel 945 board with onboard GMA950. See the specs in my sig, but this machine is good enough to run iTunes, Firefox, World of Warcraft, and a Parallels Windows XP session all at the same time without any serious lag.

• 1 year later...

Gigabyte P35[C]-DS3X series: can be a bit tough to install on, depends on your method, but network works out of the box[in leo, tiger needs RealtekR1000.kext], sound is enabled with ALCInject, and graphics are as easy as ATIInject or NVInject, whichever you need.

Asrock Conroe 1333 DVI/HD v2 everything works out of the box, SATA, Ethernet, GMA950 with QE/CI and full resolutions changes. Sound needs AppleHDAPatcher with an ALC888 patch and the bios has to be earlier than 1.5.

I used ToH Leopard and after dropping the BIOS from 1.8 to 1.4 everything went very smooth. Running it with 2GB, SATA HD and DVDRW and a X1950Pro which worked perfectly with Bronya's X1950Pro drivers.

There is virtually no support in terms of how many ppl have it but The AB9 QuadGT by ABIT works near flawlessly with simple drivers all available on this site.

P35 DS3L works well, Network in leo can be tricky.