ATI Radeon Easy-Installer - BETA

Prasys

56 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I have been palying with the ATI kexts and added some extra stuff [particularly for OEM Devices] and created a small installer for us all. It enables QE/CI Support on ATI Cards [RV36x and RV38x series]. Since some of us can't get it to work , I made it in a Tiny Installer.

Download URL - http://www.rakis.net/~prasys/ati%20driver.mpkg.zip

Its a work-in-progress. I might be including some extra stuff as well. Just trying to make a newbie's life even easier . Now If Only I could include something to fix that tearing

Hi Prasys

Does this one works with 9800Pro cards? I had QE/CI with Callisto before I updated to 10.4.8. and now I have to remove Callisto to get QE/CI to work, but doing that I lose resolution changes. Any ideas?

EDIT

nevermind, i forgot to edit my 9700GA.plugin file

I will see if i can make it for 9000

You would become godlike status by doing that. Well...at least a little bit. There are a lot of people, including me, trying to get QE/CI to work on Radeon 9000/9200 cards. People with a 7500 have it...so why don't we? I would give you any support I can...and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You would become godlike status by doing that. Well...at least a little bit. There are a lot of people, including me, trying to get QE/CI to work on Radeon 9000/9200 cards. People with a 7500 have it...so why don't we? I would give you any support I can...and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I agree! :)

i am looking into it

well , i took at look at the 8500 series kext , it seems that 9200 is supported , but its not being enabled. I might need to take a look at natit on how it fools the EFI part. It sems that Apple prefers to have 9200 on the PowerPC side...

i am looking into it

well , i took at look at the 8500 series kext , it seems that 9200 is supported , but its not being enabled. I might need to take a look at natit on how it fools the EFI part. It sems that Apple prefers to have 9200 on the PowerPC side...

Hey man! :D

If you can find out anything with the EFI part please post! If natit/titan could work for the 9xxx series it would be VERY cool!

If this is possible, we should work together to make the perfect installer :angel:

If you need help with anything, pm me ^_^

cYa

If natit/titan could work for the 9xxx series it would be VERY cool!
Exactly :blink: Also,
Now If Only I could include something to fix that tearing
:D

No , this is weird

The codes are somewhat targeted for PowerPC Radeon 9200 [aka Apple's one] , it certainly has a larger ROM [typical of Apple]. If there is a way to emulate them. I am going to see if anyone has a Mac Radeon 9000 and compare it with the PC counterpart

Prasys - Nice work so far, thanks for the effort :ninja:

I've been trying to work on this for a little bit - I've been familiarizing myself with IOKit et al for the past half month or so but I'm still nowhere near a working product. In the interim I created an installer to install and configure Callisto and AGPGart, but thats as far as I've gotten so far on helping people with 3d accel :/

That said, I'd be glad to test out anything or help any way I can.

Guest goodtime

I have a Radeon 9000 Pro AGP Card on PowerPC and a ATI Radeon 9200 Mobility on my PC Laptop.

Both are R200 Series cards.

If you need any ioreg info from the PowerPC let me know. It has lots more information listed than on the PC (nonworking one).

Getting the latest AGPGart 2.1 might be a solution. It seems that Hardware OpenGL does not run on the PC for the Radeon 9200.

BTW, forget about CI for the 9200. The PowerPC version can only do QE.

gt

Guest goodtime
It will be nice to unlock CI for Radeon Mobility 9000's in Mac's PPC (iMac, mac mini (ppc), ibook and PowerBook's).

Currently only QE/Rotation is allowed.

This is not physically possible on the 8500 R200 Series cards. It could be come with software emulation, but emulating a GPU through the CPU is much slower. These days some proprietary computer software companies use multiple GPUs to run complex equations taking advantage of the GPU's bandwidth that is normally used for 3D Rendering. Case point, the GPU can handle more bandwidth than the CPU.

Getting back to the 9200. Natit.kext is recognized on my 9200 Mobility on 10.4.8 Exp6. But it does not seem to work with the 8500 drivers. I will test this again this weekend; the Neo universal Natit pkg installer removed my 8500 drivers. I got the X1000 drivers that the Neo universal installer installs to load, but didn't do anything. I also had to keep Callisto installed otherwise I would get a black screen. That could cause a problem too.

gt

Edited by goodtime