Can't get DP3 Installation to work

Phame

14 posts in this topic

Can't get DP3 to work. I restored the BaseSystem.dmg to a 10GB Partition of my second HDD. I copied the mach_kernel to the Root of my Installer HDD. I deleted the Packages File and copied the Packages Folder to System/Installation. I copied FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to System/Library/Extensions on the Installer HDD. I booted from the USB Stick with the Chameleon Installer 1890 (worked fine with DP2) and selected my Installer HDD with -v. Then the .kexts load (looks like Matrix) and the last line i could read was "NVDHAL50.kext was loaded and registered" it stops there.After some Seconds the Display justgo Black and nothing happend anymore. The PC doesn't reboot or anything the Display is just Black and the PC is on. What can I do to make DP3 work? DP and DP2 and Lion worked very fine on my System.

Intel Q8400

6GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 275

DP3 it's a total {censored}!

It's just my oppinion...DP1 is the one, for the moment!

@ DP3 i can't even repair my permissions, it's gives some root errors...

EDIT: Solved by downloading another 10.8 DP3 image!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem. I have tried to install ML on my notebook following this tutorial step by step

http://thetecherra.c...tart-to-finish/

the boot process goes without problems but when the grey desktop wallpaper appears the system hangs and never get the language selection screen. the mouse arrow becomes a colored circle as if loading something. the only thing i can do is to force shutdown.

can anyone help me? when I installed in a similar way the Lion time ago I had no problem

thanks in advance

I have a similar problem. I have tried to install ML on my notebook following this tutorial step by step

http://thetecherra.c...tart-to-finish/

the boot process goes without problems but when the grey desktop wallpaper appears the system hangs and never get the language selection screen. the mouse arrow becomes a colored circle as if loading something. the only thing i can do is to force shutdown.

can anyone help me? when I installed in a similar way the Lion time ago I had no problem

thanks in advance

for your problem, which is different than op, try -x boot flag

• 3 weeks later...

I tried myHack 3.1 to create an install usb. I then install ML DP3, installed ok, no problem.

then i tried to boot from the installed and it failed, try to boot from the usb and selected the hard drive with ML-DP3 and still fail.

do i need to replace any kext after myHack 3.1 is done creating the usb?

I tried myHack 3.1 to create an install usb. I then install ML DP3, installed ok, no problem.

then i tried to boot from the installed and it failed, try to boot from the usb and selected the hard drive with ML-DP3 and still fail.

do i need to replace any kext after myHack 3.1 is done creating the usb?

define failed

if kernel panic what extension? Graphics prob?

2nd part of your question, yes. You made an installer that can boot and now have 100% vanilla install of ML which would only boot in a real mac, same changes you made to usb to make it boot must also be made to final install as well. No clue what changes/kexts are needed based on your hardware description.

I will try and get a picture of it and show you.

but the only error message i have seen is:

AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider

ACPI_SMC_PlatFormPlugin:: start - waitforservice ....

DSMOS has arrived

then it shows my NTFS drives and hangs.

updated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zsYosH-oLA

HD version:

well, sure looks like it's about to boot fine, it might run fsck there which can take a few minutes. If you've waited at least 10min and still see exact same thing, see if any activity light on front of PC as may be running fine but you can't see it cause graphics not loading. If so, having your hardware info posted, preferable in your signature, make it actually possible to help you instead of just asking for your hardware info over and over

got ML DP3 up with a little fix. (sorry my enter keys are not working, just install ML Dp3 on another system, with windows 8 RP x64, I am on W8 now, I need to find kext for this system now(@ home)) this is for NVidia video card boot with -v -f -x PciRoot=1 USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes select no-network (or not-connected to network) then create username and password then when the safe mode desktop comes up, go to Utility then select Terminal, then type sudo mkdir /ExtraBackup , then sudo mv /S/L/E/NV* /ExtraBackup/ then reboot the system, boot with -v -f PciRoot=1 USBBusFix=Yes Graphics, if the system still will not boot, do the -x as above but this time the second command in terminal will be sudo mv /S/L/E/ATI* /ExtraBackup/ then reboot and remove the -x and try again.

After I did the ML DP3 update, you have to remove the NV* kexts from /S/L/E or the system will not boot.

With any luck there will be a GM at WWDC , or at at least another DP update... i'm computerless now due to some VGA card bios problem...