Black Screen on DP2

27 posts in this topic

well i m getting a problem that i m trying to install dp2 via usb with using npci=0x2000 -v command then i can see the text passing but when text arrive dsmos has arrived after that screen go black and my moniter go in sleep .. i tried mostly new bootloaders which support ML including Chimera 1.8 and changing osintall.mpkg / also framework but no luck please tell me what i m doing wrong and i m trying to install on my 2nd machine . its in my signature thanks

Your problem is support for your video card. At this point in the boot process the next step is for the Mac desktop to appear. If there are no or incorrect drivers for your video card the screen will go black (or possibly distorted) and, if black, eventually go into standby mode. The immediate solution is to obtain a supported video card to use until the machine is working and you can then explore ways to get your desired card to work. Several Nvidia and ATI cards will work out of the box. I know the GT9500 works and the ATI5770 works.

If you can obtain one of those cards to test with you should be working. Otherwise do some exploring to see if someone has your card working.

well i m getting a problem that i m trying to install dp2 via usb with using npci=0x2000 -v command then i can see the text passing but when text arrive dsmos has arrived after that screen go black and my moniter go in sleep .. i tried mostly new bootloaders which support ML including Chimera 1.8 and changing osintall.mpkg / also framework but no luck please tell me what i m doing wrong and i m trying to install on my 2nd machine . its in my signature thanks

*Boot with -s flag (single user mode) type:

mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*

Good Luck!!!!

well i tried it with 7300gs and i got directly into desktop without black screen ?wired! well one thing i saw between these two cards was when i used gtx460 i saw in NVDAGF100Hal.kext loaded and registered then DSMOS has arrived then black screen but with 7300GS i didnt see this text and booted into os and i also used graphics enabler but not able to see full resolution

well fellows i changed the NVDAGF100Hal.kext of DP2 to DP1 basically what happened was it didnt load the kext and went directly to the desktop then i used kext utility but again didnt work then again i reinstall the kext of DP2 then again display black .. so whats happenin with my gpu?

My Nvidia 8400 GS was the same that, can't boot on the first time installing fly by text and go sleep ! Crazy :( Maybe i will go back to DP1 or 10.7.3

-->Your 8400 GS works in DP1?

-->Any luck booting with safe mode?

-->is your partition GUID or MBR?

I use this guide for both DP1 + DP2 ["]http://thetecherra.c...art-to-finish/] but ignore PART 4 step 3 &4 since I am not using MBR.

My Nvidia 8400 GS was the same that, can't boot on the first time installing fly by text and go sleep ! Crazy :( Maybe i will go back to DP1 or 10.7.3

mate i went back to DP1 and everthing worked fine no more black screen and i m happy and i will try the DP3 or Final version so for the time bieng its best to get back to DP1

I use this guide for both DP1 + DP2 [http://thetecherra.c...art-to-finish/] but ignore PART 4 step 3 &4 since I am not using MBR.

the post is deleted

The page you requested could not be found.

I use this guide for both DP1 + DP2 [http://thetecherra.c...art-to-finish/] but ignore PART 4 step 3 &4 since I am not using MBR.

- 8400 GS still works on DP1

- Can't boot with safe mode

- my partition is MBR, i don't wanna use GUID

- i used that guide on DP1 and it's ok, even when i ignore MBR patch and still that, black screen ! Crazy build

mate i went back to DP1 and everthing worked fine no more black screen and i m happy and i will try the DP3 or Final version so for the time bieng its best to get back to DP1

the post is deleted

The page you requested could not be found.

Thanks :D i came back to Lion 10.7.3 and waiting for a new build :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting the same problem on my laptop. First gen Core i7 Toshiba, Geforce 330M. Verbose boot goes fine, but when the installer should come up, just a black screen. If this is affecting DP2 and not DP1, no one's found a way around this yet?

hi, same problem here.

graphic card : nvidia GT120 from a powermac, working ok in 10.7.3 and 10.8 DP1.

but black screen or grey screen with the "spinning ball" in place of the installer.

Just replace : NVDAGF100Hal.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

from DP1 to DP3 and everything is ok pass to installing ! I'm on DP3

Hi

I have tried this but although DP1 works for me, in DP3, using either kexts from DP1 or DP3, I can only get it to work without any graphics injection either from the boot loader, or using an EFI string. in other word no QE/CI.

Hopefully the next DP will be better.