Intel GMA 5700MHD (i3/i5/i7 Arrandale Graphics Card)

All Kand

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys...

I have a Thinkpad T410 with only Intel Graphics (there's another version with nvidia optimus) and i'm trying to get SL to work.

The Vendor ID is 8086 and the Device ID is 0046

Based on manor's post, he used NVIDIA kexts to get his card recognized. I've followed it but it seems quartz extreme in nvidia cards can't be used on Intel ones even with changing IDs. (GeForce.kext, Natit.kext, NVDAN50 or NVDAG100) -->manor.zip

There are also new Apple official kexts for GMA 5700. (AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext) -->Official.zip

There are MacBook Pros that have this card and Nvidia discrete card and they use an Apple-developed switching system.

I was thinking, if we could use these macbookpros' smbios and use both manor's and official kexts, could we get Snow leopard to switch between the same card by fooling OSX to think that it's nvidia and intel?

Sorry if it's a long post XD

Official.zip

manor.zip

the only solution which has not been implemented is to re write the FB kext what your suggesting has already been tried and no success coz to be able to switch cards you must have GMUX device and a mux kext loaded i tried to put gmux codes in my DSDT after long trial and error and removing some of the codes which coz errors it finaly compile but never works coz the mux kext unload soon as i login it seems some folks have given up so i think there is no solution for that except if someone who knows how to code it take the challenge. for few months i have been trying to understand how that kext works and try to patch it but for sure there is no hope so i have started to learn coding out of curiosity but so far i think this can not be done by just enthusiast like me but someone with really good experience in programing especially of device drivers particularly graphics cards

• 1 month later...

I have found source code for IOGraphics family which include two kexts IOGraphicsfamily.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext i was thinking if its possible to add functionality in them so that we can hav native resolution currently am learning c++ and c so i can read them but i cant do anything currentry. sources are found on apples opensource page iographics family

• 3 weeks later...