Ati 4650mobility LVDS Shrike for Lion 10.7.3 FINAL

smartie77

10 posts in this topic

11D50 is the same update that Apple today released as final. So these kexts are now official. These drivers are massively enhanced for performance and Apple fixed the garbled graphics after Sleep for "some ATI powered iMacs" - and because these iMacs run the ATI4670 Mobility, the same fixes will work in the Mobility 4650 gpu because they are basically identical.

Jan 31, Latest modded Ati Mobility 4650HD kexts : from OSX 10.7.3 FINAL Build 11D50 * can't get this uploaded here.. so this time only available outside of insanelymac ( forgive me, mods ) : http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2332

* include modded GraphicsPowermanagement.kexts from 10.7.2 as they are not updated in 10.7.3

use iMac9,1 / 10,1 SMBIOS for native GPU-Energysaver ( then don't use the included AGPM kexts of the pack above , only the ATI kexts and plugins and bundles) or MacBookPro5,1 SMBIOS to activate the Laptop-modded energy-kexts ( recommended if using Core2Duo Laptop ) .

###############################################################

Working great on my Laptop , 32/64bit mode; use in 11D42/11D46 OSX 10.7.3

QE/CI with ATY_Init.kext , GraphicsEnabler=NO.

DeviceID is 9480 - hexedited for LVDS output, using Ati's Shrike FB ( 1366x768 screen , 15.6 inches ) .

ATY_Init.kext.zip

Edited by smartie77

Once you have recommanded to edit the boot.plist into iMac(11,1/12,1), now you using Mac Book Pro. Is that important to match the computer name/version for working the graphics card? Otherwise now can use any one - iMac or Mac Book Pro.

Waiting for your new updated guide & kexts.

Thanks Great Man !!!!!!

Hi,

Will this work for a normal Sapphire 4650 512mb? I am currently running iAtkos 1.0.7.2 and have installed various kexts (including ati4000).

Unfortuntely it crashes and shows a ("Turn off or restart" screen). I tried with GE=No and GE=Yes, as well as AtiConfig=Eulemer (gives a system error/halted). Unfortunately nothing works. Any suggestions?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Once you have recommanded to edit the boot.plist into iMac(11,1/12,1), now you using Mac Book Pro. Is that important to match the computer name/version for working the graphics card? Otherwise now can use any one - iMac or Mac Book Pro.

Waiting for your new updated guide & kexts.

Thanks Great Man !!!!!!

Basically you can use any smbios . Thing is : Ati 4670 mobility is in iMacs of late 2009, therefore a SMBIOS of iMac9,1 - 10,1 will auto-enable graphics-energy-saver settings. But I use MacBookPro5,1 because it works best with my Core2Duo speedstepping ( I don't use any longer nullcpu.kext ) - my MBP5,1 smbios will conflict with the Ati graphics-energysettings ( AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext ) , so I always edit this AGPM.kext in that way that I rename all instances of iMac10,1 to just MacBookPro5,1 ..

To make the Graphicscard "just work" and do so with QE/CI enabled the above details are not important. It is all about Powersaving/Eleminating the loud fan noise from the GPU..

Hi,

Will this work for a normal Sapphire 4650 512mb? I am currently running iAtkos 1.0.7.2 and have installed various kexts (including ati4000).

Unfortuntely it crashes and shows a ("Turn off or restart" screen). I tried with GE=No and GE=Yes, as well as AtiConfig=Eulemer (gives a system error/halted). Unfortunately nothing works. Any suggestions?

Regards

It will work as long as your device id is 9480 and have a display that outputs via Laptop standard - LVDS ( not VGA, not DVI , not Displayport ) .

• 4 weeks later...

Hi smartie77,

Thank you once again. My ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v works with your kexts. I got a fully working Lion OS X 10.7.3 :D .

When I start Mac OS, display brightness remains always full. how can i keep this on a stable position?

Any way, your kexts are always a blessing for me. Thank you very much.

• 1 month later...

Hi smartie77,

Thank you once again. My ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v works with your kexts. I got a fully working Lion OS X 10.7.3 :D .

When I start Mac OS, display brightness remains always full. how can i keep this on a stable position?

Any way, your kexts are always a blessing for me. Thank you very much.

Hey there,

I have similar configuration, and i was able install mac os x 10.7.2 successfully, but couldnt get my graphic card, bluetooth or audio working.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Hey there,

I have similar configuration, and i was able install mac os x 10.7.2 successfully, but couldnt get my graphic card, bluetooth or audio working.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Just follow full instructions provided by smartie77 and use his tools.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=262252

I have much confidence, works also yours.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

11D50 is the same update that Apple today released as final. So these kexts are now official. These drivers are massively enhanced for performance and Apple fixed the garbled graphics after Sleep for "some ATI powered iMacs" - and because these iMacs run the ATI4670 Mobility, the same fixes will work in the Mobility 4650 gpu because they are basically identical.

Jan 31, Latest modded Ati Mobility 4650HD kexts : from OSX 10.7.3 FINAL Build 11D50 * can't get this uploaded here.. so this time only available outside of insanelymac ( forgive me, mods ) : http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2332

* include modded GraphicsPowermanagement.kexts from 10.7.2 as they are not updated in 10.7.3

use iMac9,1 / 10,1 SMBIOS for native GPU-Energysaver ( then don't use the included AGPM kexts of the pack above , only the ATI kexts and plugins and bundles) or MacBookPro5,1 SMBIOS to activate the Laptop-modded energy-kexts ( recommended if using Core2Duo Laptop ) .

###############################################################

Working great on my Laptop , 32/64bit mode; use in 11D42/11D46 OSX 10.7.3

QE/CI with ATY_Init.kext , GraphicsEnabler=NO.

DeviceID is 9480 - hexedited for LVDS output, using Ati's Shrike FB ( 1366x768 screen , 15.6 inches ) .

Hi, I have updated my OS X on 10.7.4 build 11E46.

These kexts are also fully working for 10.7.4. :D

post-775552-0-32682000-1335466147_thumb.jpg