XFX Radeon HD 6870 2GB GDDR5 low score at Cinebench

Tredvesone

53 posts in this topic

Hi,

I get only 36 at Cinebench with my XFX Radeon HD 6870 2GB ("Dual Fan -DD" edition). My older GTX 260 got 32. Is there any solution out there?

I recon this is a very low score for this card.

Lion 10.7.2

Chimera 1.7

Duckweed

Thank you in advance :)

Hi,

I'm not sure if AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext is loading.

smbios:

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>Mac Pro</string>

<key>SMmemspeed</key>

<string>1866</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro5,1</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>Gigabyte EX58-UD5 v1</string>

Any solution that might help?

thanks

Edit: btw... I can see that AppleGraphicsPowerManagement is in System Profiler/System Information under Extensions.

I have same card, well its not the same, its gigabyte 6870 1gb, but i have same problem, i upgraded from 5770 and now in cinebench i have like 1-2 more fps, which is i guess not worth of upgrading if its slow like that.

And other thing is that most of apps report my card not by name, well it says its: ATI RADEON BARTS XT PROTOTYPE OPENGL ENGINE

and its not identiyied like before by its name.

And 3th thing, i cant see

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext loaded when i go in system info / extensions so may this be problem or? :S

Can some of you plz help me :) i want to make this card to work like it shuld work :(

hello

post what smbios u are using

and device id of your card too

if u are using smbios macpro5,1 and your device id is the same, u can use the kext , try one and test, then try the other and use the best for u

good hack

Just wanna add some more info. I checked the kernel log to see if there is any errors. Yes there is indeed...

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.

com.apple.ATIRadeonX3000 - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.

com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.

I dont know if this helps, but I guess it has something do with my 6870?

Cheers

hello

to the graphics card to work

must loaded 3 / 4 kexts

4 if u use AtiConfig in org.chameleon boot.plist

in u case

ati6000controller

atisuport

atiradeonx3000

check in

about this mac

extensions

or with kext wizard tool

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=253395

like i say in the post

good hack

Captura de ecrã 2012-01-11, às 01.27.27.png

ati6000controller - OK

atiradeonX3000 - OK

atisupport - OK

applegraphicscontroller - OK

applegraphicspowermanagment - OK

I found out what causing there errors tho, I recon it's because of chimera 1.7. People went back to chameleon r1493 and the problem went away. So it is the bootloader not the 6870.

I have same card, well its not the same, its gigabyte 6870 1gb, but i have same problem, i upgraded from 5770 and now in cinebench i have like 1-2 more fps, which is i guess not worth of upgrading if its slow like that.

And other thing is that most of apps report my card not by name, well it says its: ATI RADEON BARTS XT PROTOTYPE OPENGL ENGINE

and its not identiyied like before by its name.

And 3th thing, i cant see

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext loaded when i go in system info / extensions so may this be problem or? :S

Can some of you plz help me :) i want to make this card to work like it shuld work :(

same problem here. with msi 6870 1 gb cinebench score of 15 fps. GE=No gives me 30fps. I don't care about dvd and chess.

vlc works,

glbench and cinebench works,

StarCraft 2 works.

edit: Fixed it with proper smbios.plist (imac12,2). I got the 15 fps when coming out of sleep. Now it's always 30 fps. I read that cinebench is a combo of gpu and single cpu. So when you see high fps it is because of the faster CPU people have.

ati6000controller - OK

atiradeonX3000 - OK

atisupport - OK

applegraphicscontroller - OK

applegraphicspowermanagment - OK

I found out what causing there errors tho, I recon it's because of chimera 1.7. People went back to chameleon r1493 and the problem went away. So it is the bootloader not the 6870.

what's your fps dif with r1493?

Hi,

I haven't tried r1493. Chimera 1.7 works ok but gives me the errors tho. I dont play games so it doesn't bother me that much. Anyhow, when I tried Chimera 1.7 vs the latest chameleon there where no difference in fps. Mine is always around 36. My old GTX260 gave me 32. So 36 is way to low ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys. i have a vapor x 6870 1gb ram, and i got only 32fps on cinebench. both using smbios 3,1 or 5,1.

i'm using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 4.2.1

i've tried artur's next, but fps didn't increase

Hi xelanaiznac,

When I choose macpro4,1, I got KP. It's because of my board and cpu (EP45-UD3P & Q9550)?

Now set to iMac11,1, it seems almost OK except istat menu temperature.

But my 6870 seems to working properly.

Thanks sooo much!