USB Wifi (RT73) Fix for Lion 10.7.2

westendmtl

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

Here is the fix for USB Wifi (RT73 chip) for Lion 10.7.2. I'm using TP Link WN321G USB Wifi stick you can buy this for under 15$.

1 - Install the RT73USBWirelessDriver.kext to S/L/E using kext wizard

2 - Copy RaWLAPI.framework folder to L/F

3- Repair permissions using kext wizard

4- Reboot and open Ralink Wireless Utility (You can add this to auto starup at boot)

N.B: Remove any Ralink Utility and wireless and reboot before starting the step one

EDIT:

Credits, Original topic --> Link

RT73 Lion Fix.zip

Edited by Fiox89
  • Like 1

@westendmtl

Where did you get this procedure?

Coming from?

Author of this procedure?

Hi,

Through trial and error i was able to fix my usb wifi and I thought i should share it may be it will help some newbies to hackintosh, like myself.

May i know why did you ask these questions? :)

Thanks for the fix. It's working for my Edimax EW-7318USG. I could connect my wireless router with authentication.

The official driver from Ralink supports this chip (rt2573) up to 10.6. I could install the official driver (10.6) on 10.7. The problem was WirelessUtility could not work on 10.7 properly. I could not connect to my wireless router with authentication unless I had to set my wireless router without authentication and sometimes got error of WirelessUtility.

edit: the patch for rt73 had been on kexts.com for months and I didn't take a look throughout the site until today.

• Like 1

Hi,

Through trial and error i was able to fix my usb wifi and I thought i should share it may be it will help some newbies to hackintosh, like myself.

May i know why did you ask these questions? :)

A really good job

Maybe, you have looked here?? and here??

Look at the date and the author of this 2 topics

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...